Price Increase

Started by Leon, 08 July 2012, 12:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

08 July 2012, 12:07:51 AM Last Edit: 19 July 2012, 03:44:03 AM by Leon
This was mentioned some time ago now, but with it getting closer, I thought I'd pop something up again as a reminder.  The unfortunate downside to our new unit is that our overheads are going to increase quite substantially.  On top of the other increases we've seen over the past 18 months, from metal, petrol, utilities, show stands, etc. it unfortunately means that we are going to have to put our prices up.  We don't enjoy doing this (not least because it requires a lot of work), but it's something which has to be done to allow us to continue growing as a business.  We're really proud of our fantastic customer base, so I hope that people still see us as great value for money.

The planned price increase will take the pack prices from:

£3.50 --> £4.00 (Regular packs)
£2.05 --> £2.35 (Vehicles)
£1.20 --> £1.35 (WWII foot packs)
£1.60 --> £1.80 (Fantasy packs)

This price increase will come into effect on August 1st, so there are still a short while to get your orders in before the prices go up.  We're hoping this means there won't be a last minute rush in the last week of July, but I have a feeling there will be!

Again, I hope everyone sees this as a positive, as the majority of the price increase will be going straight back into making the business even bigger and better.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nav

will the price increase affect vallejo paint,Mdf bases,and basing material :-X

Leon

Quote from: Nav on 08 July 2012, 04:49:45 AM
will the price increase affect vallejo paint,Mdf bases,and basing material :-X

The Vallejo's will be going up, the others will probably stay the same I think.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sunjester

Those prices still look very competitive to me.   ;)

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Leon on 08 July 2012, 12:07:51 AM[...] the majority of the price increase will be going straight back into making the business even bigger and better.

That's an important consideration for wargamers. We've seen WH Historical go belly-up in recent weeks, which means some or all of their product may not be available in the future. No more reinforcements - a wargamer's nightmare.

Your price increases aren't too steep, methinks. We know that your talk of business expansion isn't sales fluff. We've seen the new ranges you're producing, we've seen the pics of the new outfit and customers will be able to judge for themselves during the Birthday Bash. And as long as Leon answers my emails at eleven o'clock in the evening with the baby by his side, I know you're a hard-working lot. So I'll be happy to spend that extra quid on a large order.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Chad

Agree with Art entirely. In addition the excellent
quality of the figures still gives good value for money.

Growth has to be well managed and business fail
thru lack of cash more than they do lack of orders.

Keep up the good work.

Chad

Hertsblue

Yep. Having completed ten years in retail I have a fair idea of overheads. To give you some idea - the financial director at the place I worked reckoned that just opening the store cost the company £9,000 per week. I doubt whether Pendraken gets anywhere near that - but I would wager that most members would be surprised at what the figure is.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

sebigboss79

Nothing to increase my bloodpressure.

Seriously guys, every company increases prices, some even annually for no good reason. With Pendraken I reason not to pay for just great figures but also for a service.

I do not know about others but a friendly service, emails and the possibility to change my order roughly 20 times before it is shipped is worth a little for me.
Not to mention the speed I received the last two orders.

Let's face it the metal prices have been on the rise for a few years and the recent drops are included in the 2 price rises that happened since I shop here or even check out the site.
For Vallejos and materials that Pendraken re-sells:What can you do if the producing company raises (retail)prices and thus the (discounted) reseller prices...

mollinary

Thirty figures for ever or a pint and a half? No contest.  Except on a hot summer's day of course - not that we have any of those!  ;D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Syr Hobbs

The quantity and quality of the new releases and your excellent sculptors are worth every penny.

Duane

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No problems with me, we all need to make a living gents.
I'll be buying a Corps and a half next weekend, ignoring the price rise, and buying more later in the year, as if the price rise never happened.
Still cheaper than gw failcast/essex/oldglory/mm and many many more, and even the oldest figures are still better, but the new ones, oh wow!  :D
I'd rather support the smaller producers (three and a bit workers is small , right?) than the 'big' multinational with delussions of grandure and all conquering products, who just shelved their best range....

Just found a £19 army pack for 1860 a mate gave me, how long ago did he buy those...?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

Regular packs at £4 for 30 figs?  That's still 13.3p per figure.  Nowt to complain about there...
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Sigur

Hmmm, this is quite an increase but I don't mind. I'll try to place my next bigger order asap then. Aart Brouwer is bringing up a good point though and I'm sure that the people who buy with Pendraken for now will continue on doing so.

nikharwood

Yep - still money-well-spent in my book; I'd agree with everyone else's eloquence here - we all appreciate the direction of the business and the demands that makes - and still are getting superb value & service.

I'm still going to work on a mega-order though - just for the psychological aspect of it all  ;) ;D

lentulus

Quote from: Luddite on 08 July 2012, 04:16:59 PM
Regular packs at £4 for 30 figs?  That's still 13.3p per figure.  Nowt to complain about there...

Compared to more than 2 bucks a figure for plastic 28mm?  Still a great price by me.