GASLIGHT

Started by jchaos79, 05 May 2010, 08:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaos79

Hey looking to Table Top Titans I have found a delicous game of G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T!!!

Any chance of some victorian/gaslight/horror/adventure sets in 10mm! Some references could be either historical other not so historical.

dicehead

That's a fun game.

Leon

Not too sure about how we'd do this, but I'll add it to the lists anyway.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sixsideddice

I actually run Table Top Titans, and I can vouch G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T is an amazing game.

http://tabletoptitans.com/reports/0023.php

Hmmmmm, Steampunk in 10mm... it might lose something I feel. Skirmish games of this type tend to look great in 28mm, but smaller than that and you`re going into Epic - which is a different ball game entirely.

Six :-)

nikharwood

Really? I'm surprised...if you can do dungeon-dwelling justice in 10mm, then surely Steampunk skirmishing isn't a million miles away?  ;)

It'd be interesting - what with all this talk about VBCW etc to take the "alt-history" a bit further in this scale I think: I'd *love* to do some Steampunk gaming, but I can't face the thought of doing *another* 28mm 'period'...partly through cost & time - but mostly because I know I'll 'have' to end up painting them to death [ie stupid-standard] - purely because that's what I tend to do with 28s...

I'd *love* to see a Steampunk 10mm range  8)

lentulus

Quote from: nikharwood on 07 May 2010, 11:32:08 PM
I'd *love* to see a Steampunk 10mm range  8)

The core could  just be the late Victorian figures - 1870, colonial and the like.  The rest could be scratchbuild and kitbashed; it would be nice to have a line of mad scientists, maniacal baddies, and stalwart heroes and heroines if you preference for that sort of gaming runs to characters and skirmish.  But the backbone spear-and-rifle carriers are already there. For that matter I'd like some tentacled martians to go with the walkers.

Which might make it a good value proposition for Pendraken, since the new figure development could be relatively modest.

nikharwood

Yep - good call  8)

mike40k

Landships/Steamtanks like the ones on the Major General's site would be awesome.

Some other ideas: early/primitive airplanes, hot air balloons, zeppelins, big robots and cavalry on penny farthing bikes (maybe with rockets strapped to them?).

sixsideddice

All very doable (and believe me, the thought of it is exciting), but mightn`t it just become Warhammer 40K Epic... set in a slightly different setting?

I`d love to be proven wrong, mind  :)

Steve :-)

nikharwood

I don't think it would...if the focus remains on skirmish rather than massed-battles, it'd be fine - and I'd (naturally) incline towards a BKC / FWC hybrid I think  8)

sixsideddice

08 May 2010, 11:06:43 AM #10 Last Edit: 08 May 2010, 11:08:41 AM by sixsideddice
hmmmmm, it does have a certain appeal I must admit 

I`ve just never thought of doing this scale in anything other than 25/28mm is all. I`m totally in love with Steampunk as it happens; there`s something about this whimsical, sometimes farcical genre (especially because of the one to one aspect of it) which is delightfully intimate and personal I find. I`m currently writing the first of an official mainstream series of novels on Pax Limpopo, which should (including a full rule set for this world) be available sometime before Christmas I`m hoping... though this is somewhat of a Magnus opus, and it taking its own time coming together.

I was fortunate that Nic of Eureka in Australia gave me full consent to `take it away ‘and make the world live... the team there have been amazingly helpful, and I`m greatly looking forward to seeing this go public, just as soon as I find time to finish the project.

The idea of 10mm somehow seems very small, maybe even too tiny to get that same Oooomph! appeal you get with the full on larger scale; could you bring characters to life in the same way I wonder?

Hmmmm, I`d be first in the line; if it were more than just units of funny tanks, steam driven motorbikes, rocket men units on mini stands, and Tripods strolling across the board   

hehe,

Steve.

jchaos79

If Blacksmith could play Mordheim with 10 mm in a very effective way and with a reduce space table

http://javieratwar.blogspot.com/2010/03/mordheim-using-whaa.html

Why not using 10mm to make steampunk/horror full ally-city game with a reduce space table?

sixsideddice

WOW, you`ve totally convinced me..... that Mordheim with 10 mm  looks absolutely FANTASTIC.

I`m amazed and utterly impressed.

Cheers for the link :-)

Steve

sixsideddice

.... weird thing is, I own just about every piece of scenery on the board in those photos. mmmmmm my mind is careening with new ideas now  :o

Steve  :)

nikharwood

So we've won you over then Steve? ;) :P ;D