Polish Chevau-leger

Started by Rob, 16 January 2012, 05:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

It has occurred to me that when Pendraken get around to making the French Imperial Guard Polish Chevau-leger they have a problem. That is at the battle of Wagram they were not armed with the lance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1er_r%C3%A9giment_de_chevau-l%C3%A9gers_lanciers_polonais_de_la_Garde_imp%C3%A9riale

It would certainly be different but I am not sure a commercial success if they were modelled accurately with just swords, to be a commercially success they probably need to have lances.

A possible solution is to make both a sword armed figure and a lance armed figure. This could be sold in 3 pack styles â€" NPF**/a, NPF**/b, and NPF**/c with different configurations such as:
NPF**/a lance armed for 1810-15 period.
NPF**/b sabre armed for the Wagram / Somosierra period 1807-09.
NPF**/c lance and sabre mixture for those who want their figures in 2 ranks so the rear rank can be correctly depicted.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob  :)

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Rob

I wanted to bring this topic back up so that hopefully Leon will read it.

I'm now well into the painting and basing of my Napoleonics armies, both Austrian and French. I decided to base the cavalry in 2 ranks with 6 to a base because I've never been happy with the look of the infantry being in 2 ranks and cav in a single rank.

For this to look right when I get some lancers to paint it will need a front rank of lance armed figures and a rear rank of sabre armed figures. There is also the carbine to consider, as lance armed troopers did not carry one while the non-lance armed troopers did.

I can see this presenting problems as I expect quite a few people will be basing their lancers in a single rank so will only want lance armed figures.

Will it be possible for Pendraken to to provide separate bags of sabre armed figures for French and Austrian Uhlan/Lancer troops please?

Cheers, Rob  :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

In that case you will need the same for the line chevaux-legers-lanciers and the Legion of the Vistula Polish lancers (who later became the 7th, 8th and 9th line lancers) the Lancers of Berg (who were part of the Imperial Guard too) and possibly also the Russian uhlans.  ~X(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Hmmm, not too sure on this one right now.  We'll have to wait until the masters arrive and see what we can do.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Rob

05 September 2012, 04:26:36 PM #6 Last Edit: 05 September 2012, 04:28:55 PM by Rob
Quote from: Hertsblue on 05 September 2012, 11:12:49 AM
In that case you will need the same for the line chevaux-legers-lanciers and the Legion of the Vistula Polish lancers (who later became the 7th, 8th and 9th line lancers) the Lancers of Berg (who were part of the Imperial Guard too) and possibly also the Russian uhlans.  ~X(

..... also when we get to that stage, 1812 Russian Hussars who equipped their front rank with lances. These were given the option of keeping them or reverting to all sabre/carbine armed for the 1813 campaign, I am not sure records (in the West) exist for what each regiment did. But as with the the above request it would be cool to have seperate bags of lance armed Russian Hussars when the 1812 range is re-done.

:) :-\  :D

WeeWars

Since it's an 1809 range, they should be as they were during the Danube campaign - without the lance. However as I will only ever need a dozen at the most, I'd be happy to lop off lances if the figures are easily convertible.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Hertsblue on 05 September 2012, 11:12:49 AM
In that case you will need the same for the line chevaux-legers-lanciers and the Legion of the Vistula Polish lancers (who later became the 7th, 8th and 9th line lancers) the Lancers of Berg (who were part of the Imperial Guard too) and possibly also the Russian uhlans.  ~X(

I was speaking ironically.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net