July Releases!

Started by Leon, 01 July 2012, 01:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

01 July 2012, 01:14:06 AM Last Edit: 01 July 2012, 01:40:03 AM by Leon
Well it's been a long time coming, but this month we're releasing the first batch in our eagerly anticipated new ACW range!  This initial lot covers a lot of the foot codes and their command, and then the cavalry and their dismounted counterparts.  We've also squeezed in the first of the Zouave variations, and also the Iron Brigade figures.

Obviously there is a lot more to come in this range, and next month we'll have all of the 'Type 2' foot varieties, along with more Zouaves, foot in greatcoats, mounted Raiders, and also some of the Generals hopefully.  A quick note on the artillery, we were hoping to have those in this month's batch, to give everyone a nice mix to get started on, but unfortunately we just ran out of time.  They will definitely be arriving in the August releases though!

For the full lists of the 'COMING SOON' codes, check here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4261.msg50855.html#msg50855

So, here's this month's releases:

ACW - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/19th-Century-c15/NEW-American-Civil-War-NEW-sc281/
ACW1   Union foot, advancing, type 1      Â£3.50
ACW3   Union foot, firing, type 1      Â£3.50
ACW5   Union foot, marching, type 1      Â£3.50

ACW7   Confederate foot, advancing, type 1      Â£3.50
ACW9   Confederate foot, firing, type 1      Â£3.50
ACW11   Confederate foot, marching, type 1      Â£3.50
ACW13   Union foot command, standing    (15)   Â£1.80
ACW14   Union foot command, advancing    (15)   Â£1.80
ACW15   Confederate foot command, standing    (15)   Â£1.80
ACW16   Confederate foot command, advancing    (15)      Â£1.80

ACW18   Zouaves in fez, advancing/attacking      Â£3.50
ACW23   Iron Brigade, inc. command      Â£3.50
ACW27   Union cavalry, inc. command      Â£3.50
ACW28   Confederate cavalry, inc. command      Â£3.50

ACW29   Dismounted cavalry in kepi    (15)   Â£1.80
ACW30   Dismounted cavalry in slouch hat   (15)   Â£1.80
ACW33   Union horse holders   (10)   Â£1.20
ACW34   Confederate horse holders   (10)   Â£1.20
ACW35   Standing horses   (10)   Â£2.40

8)

Next up on the release schedule will be the first lot of Falkland's codes, which will be unveiled in a fortnights time at our 20th Birthday Bash!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Rubicon

Excellent stuff...!!
You have however created a dilemma - what do I spend my 20th bash money on - the siren's song of the new, shiny Falklands & ACW ranges is strong, but I did have stuff for WWII North Africa in mind, as well as some WW2.5 bits....
Bad man.
Oh well, 2 weeks to mull it over!!

GordonY

and once again the Napoleonic Austrian players get shafted, where ARE my horses and guns? How is a poor Archduke supposed to crush the evil tyrant with no cavalry or artillery?

Nosher

Was also hoping to see Austrian Naps, but still have the Falklands figs to look forward to
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

FierceKitty

I hope the Fuzzy camel-rider is still on the agenda for August?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Le Manchou

I am also a bit disappointed, I was hoping to see Napoleonic Austrians this month...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Shedman

Those Zouaves look nice

I am tempted to replace the Zouaves and Turcos in my 1859 French army with these new ones especially when the guys in Turbans come out

I'm even tempted to replace all of my 15mm ACW with this range

Last Hussar

Glad I was too skint to buy before now - there will be money coming your way shortly.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Steve J

I'm bitterly disappointed in that there are no Aztecs or AWI chaps in Tarletons :o >:( ;).

lentulus

Oh Damn.  I think I just failed my saving roll against ACW.

Nosher

ACW  >:(

Keep trying to like it and have in fact (over the years) bought both armies in 2mm, 15mm, 6mm and 1/72 plastics, but get so bored painting the same coulours over and over again I have never managed to finish enough units to play. The period has to be the most boring painting period of all time (:|
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Syr Hobbs

Great list and I can't wait until next month for more ACW releases.   :-bd

TheOlivant

Great sculpts, liking the dynamic poses, looking forward to getting some of these...

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 01 July 2012, 07:55:27 AM
Was also hoping to see Austrian Naps, but still have the Falklands figs to look forward to
Quote from: Le Manchou on 01 July 2012, 09:13:53 AM
I am also a bit disappointed, I was hoping to see Napoleonic Austrians this month...
Quote from: GordonY on 01 July 2012, 07:35:00 AM
and once again the Napoleonic Austrian players get shafted, where ARE my horses and guns? How is a poor Archduke supposed to crush the evil tyrant with no cavalry or artillery?

I know a lot of folk were hoping for the Austrian Naps this month, so I'll run through where we are with those.  The artillery had to go into a low-temp mould, so they only got done last month and the mould came back to us at the Phalanx show.  We've started spinning off it ready for the production mould, but with all the ACW stuff that was coming up, we didn't get chance to put them into the mould press.

On the cavalry side, the Hussars were production moulded, but there was a problem with that one, so we need to redo it.  The Cuirassiers and the Chevauleger types need the master castings tweaking, slight modifications to the combs on the helmets, just to get them right.  We keep meaning to pick up some modelling putty at the shows and keep forgetting, and trying to buy A+B putty online results in some crazy shipping charges.

As soon as we can get hold of some putty, we'll get the cavalry sorted and then they can be moulded up.  The artillery is just two moulds, so they can be done over the next couple of weeks, and we'll have them for the August releases, no bother.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

Sounds like my bank account will be emptied in August then  :)