Vietnam US Marines

Started by Jagger, 23 June 2012, 06:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagger

I am wondering if there is any interest in pre-69 US Marines in Vietnam with SAWs and M-14s rather than the M-16s?

Risaldar Singh

Very much interested. Please add my vote. ;-)

Schlesien

Mako

Works for me, and anyone wanting to do USAREUR in Europe in the early 1960s as well, since they were still equipped with M-14s.

M-60s though, for the MGs.

Would love some nice, big 3.5" bazookas too, before the LAWs were issued.

bigjackmac

Gentlemen,

I had previously spoken to Phil (Techno) about commissioning these figures under his "Want Wot Making?" program. 

Here is what I sent him:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/01/for-mr-tecno-phil.html

He said it's not hard to do, but that it would be awhile do to other commitments, so I've lot a little interest and haven't followed up.  If anyone is interested in partnering with me on this we can take another look at getting it done.  Of course, with more interest we can look at additional poses as well.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac

Lemmey,

It's really not that bad, and it's no sweat t'all with a few people throwing in.

V/R,
Jack

Sunray

Add my vote as well Leon-  if Phil is the sculptor. It might be prudent to sales not to sculpt all of them  in Vietnam flack jacket, but a more the generic style of 1960s US combat jacket - this would allow a lot more options for the use of the figures - like Italian and Latin American armies who used the M14.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Mako

To add more weight to the 3.5" bazooka request, I see the Danes continued to field these up through at least the 1970s, and likely into the 1980s, with their reserve and home guard units, which had older kit - also M-1 Garand rifles and MG42 machine guns. 

Looks like those WWII American troops can get a bit more use in the "modern" era.