worst task in wargaming

Started by Sunray, 23 June 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Painting, or rather repainting, stuff you bought ready painted to "save time" :(

For example I recently bought 16 28mm metal wolf riders on Ebay, they looked nicely painted in the photos, a sort of gray flesh which wasn't my first choice for goblins, but it would do. But when they arrive, some of them are green skinned  ~X(
I have no complaints about the painting standard and looking really closely at the photos I now see a hint of green skin in the back ranks, so I missed that.
I game Middle Earth in 28mm and hate green goblins/orcs. So now I have to repaint the exposed flesh, which is still faster than painting from scratch, but there are other things I wanted to paint right now! :'(

FierceKitty

Removing those fiddly little bits of sprue connecting a horse's belly to its base.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

DaveH

I'd have to agree with rebasing.

I do love sets of rules that either use common base size assumptions or are base size agnostic.

Orcs

Quote from: sunjester on 28 July 2012, 04:16:45 PM
Painting, or rather repainting, stuff you bought ready painted to "save time" :(

For example I recently bought 16 28mm metal wolf riders on Ebay,

I thought you had enough Orcs !!!!!!. 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sunjester

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 14 August 2012, 08:35:39 AM
I thought you had enough Orcs !!!!!!. 

I have enough orcs on foot, but you can never have enough wolf riders can you!  ;)

Orcs

Quote from: sunjester on 14 August 2012, 03:31:51 PM
I have enough orcs on foot, but you can never have enough wolf riders can you!  ;)

And you told me 64 was enough !!!!!!.  :D Double standards methinks :-\
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sebigboss79

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 14 August 2012, 05:40:27 PM
And you told me 64 was enough !!!!!!.  :D Double standards methinks :-\

As long as he did not want 5 more....  8)

Orcs are NEVER enough.

Dave Fairlamb

1st most worst thing: Is when you spend a good long time painting all the detail on the models (guns, straps etc...) then you get them outside for the once over with the Army painter anti-shine varnish, then (after you have sprayed) you spot one German trooper with an unpainted MP40 or another where you missed his belt! grrrrrrr! angry! >:( >:( >:(

2nd most worst thing: Jim Ando blowing the crap out of your afrika korps with his stupid artillery, when you spend all week painting it and it has not even fired a shot in anger then you pack it away in the case! double grrrrrrr! :'( :'( :'(