Dismounted French dragoons

Started by grenadier1812, 19 June 2012, 10:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grenadier1812

Hi - any chance of creating some unmounted French dragoons, please? They are a useful figures to have and look fantastic!

Hertsblue

Did you want dragoons dismounted and skirmishing (as at Corunna) or actual foot dragoons in gaiters as in 1805 when the French ran out of horses?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

I'll pop them on the lists for when we get through the bulk of the ranges.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

grenadier1812

Good question! Both would be good, but I would go first for the gaitered, dismounted dragoons, please!

Le Manchou

Si vis pacem, para bellum

GordonY

I would suggest that although something I'd want as well that this should come after mounted Polish lancers and mounted Austrian Uhlans. These 2 troop types are far more likely to be seen on a battlefield than Dragoons offen their horsies.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

We ignoring the 5000 or so walking Dragoons in 1812?

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

GordonY

Well Ian it is the 1809 range, so probably for the moment.

grenadier1812

Fair point about familiar types - but the dismounted dragoons are very useful in a number of scenarios. Sorry for delay in replying, by the way.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!