Show: Claymore, Edinburgh

Started by Leon, 18 June 2012, 03:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

One of Scotland's premier wargames shows, Claymore 2012, will be held on Saturday 4th August, 2012, at Edinburgh’s Telford College, 350 West Granton Road, Edinburgh EH5 1QE.  Doors will open to the public at 10.00am.

Cost: Adult £2.50, Child £1.50, Family £5.00 (2 Adult 2 children)

Features

- Demonstration and Participation Games: As per usual at Claymore there will be a good selection of demonstration and participation games.  A list of games that will be presented at Claymore 2012 will be added to the website as soon as we know who will be coming.

- Traders: a list of traders who have confirmed they will be attending can be found here: http://seswc.co.uk/claymore/claymore-traders/

- Bring & Buy: Sell your second hand wargames stuff at our Bring and Buy stand.

Facilities

- Parking: There are 450 free spaces at the College.  People coming to the show should not park in neighbouring Morrisons supermarket car park.  If you’re there for more than three hours you will be fined.

- Catering: The college will be opening their catering outlets for the duration of the show.

- Bar: Drinks will be on sale from around 11am.

- ATM: a cash machine is available in Morrisons, immediately next door to the College.

For more info, check the SESWC website: http://seswc.co.uk/2012/03/01/claymore-2012/

We'll need any pre-orders for this one in to us before Sat 28th July please!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Derek H

Quote from: Leon on 18 June 2012, 03:20:48 AM
One of Scotland's premier wargames shows, Claymore 2012, will be held on Saturday 4th August, 2012, at Edinburgh’s Telford College, 350 West Granton Road, Edinburgh EH5 1QE.  Doors will open to the public at 10.00am.

One of?   :D :D

Leon

Quote from: Derek H on 18 June 2012, 08:49:54 AM
One of?   :D :D

:D

You and Falkirk are pretty close to each other now, you know!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Derek H

Claymore's miles ahead.  But I would say that, wouldn't I.   :D

With 33 traders coming  we're certainly better for shopping, I think some companies have decided to only come to one Scottish show this year. 

But I usually enjoy Falkirk more as I don't have to work.

Leon

From a purely sales-based perspective, our Claymore takings peaked in 2009 and have dropped by 20% for the past two years, whereas Falkirk's takings have increased every year, except for this year, which was around a 5% drop on 2011.  2011 was also the first year where we did better at Falkirk than Claymore.

So, it's going to be interesting to see how this year's Claymore works out, and whether it gains back ground on Falkirk for us.  I think you get a lot more numbers through the door than Carronade (600-ish I think), and obviously you have more traders as well.

alnewhaven

Thought Claymore was a bit lack lustre last year, but as Hibs drawn away, I'll have nowt else to do.  Actually even if they were at home, Claymore would be a better bet  ;(
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
-(Sign over the entrance to the SR-71 operating location Kadena, Japan).

old smokie

QuoteSo, it's going to be interesting to see how this year's Claymore works out, and whether it gains back ground on Falkirk for us.  I think you get a lot more numbers through the door than Carronade (600-ish I think), and obviously you have more traders as well.

no worries Leon I'll be there to boost the Pendrakens coffers  :D ;D and a pre order winging its way to you shortly  :D

Leon

Quote from: old smokie on 19 June 2012, 10:55:55 PM
no worries Leon I'll be there to boost the Pendrakens coffers  :D ;D and a pre order winging its way to you shortly  :D

:-bd

MR T

Hi Leon. Will you be holding price increases for Claymore  or get your order in before then :-\

Leon

Quote from: MR T on 08 July 2012, 07:22:55 PM
Hi Leon. Will you be holding price increases for Claymore  or get your order in before then :-\

All the prices on the stand will have gone up by then, but with the cut-off for pre-orders being on the 28th July, any pre-orders will be at the current pricing.

MR T

Ok Cheers Leon, will make sure i get any order in before the 28th ;)

MR T

HI Leon, order placed, can I pick this up at Claymore please  :)

Cheers M

Leon

Quote from: MR T on 13 July 2012, 09:53:16 PM
HI Leon, order placed, can I pick this up at Claymore please  :)

Cheers M

Just seen this one, we'll get that sorted for you, no bother at all.

8)

MR T

14 July 2012, 04:40:47 AM #13 Last Edit: 14 July 2012, 04:42:20 AM by MR T
Cheers Leon, see you at Claymore  :D

WeeWars

Quote from: Leon on 18 June 2012, 06:32:09 PM
So, it's going to be interesting to see how this year's Claymore works out, and whether it gains back ground on Falkirk for us.
Prepare the 1809 line infantry moulds !
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!