In May, I will paint...

Started by Leon, 03 May 2010, 01:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Right then, let's get working through those piles of lead, what are you going to be working on?

"This month I will paint...?"
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lentulus

For my not-SYW project all not-Austrian

1 - A dragoon regiment (probably done this week)
2 - Heavy gun, crew and limber
3 - 3 battalion guns -- these might end up for 3 different armies
4 - General+ADC (army command) and a personality (brigade command)

By then my next order should be in and I will start on some not-French.

nikharwood

- 28mm: a load of [50?] fantasy & sci-fi figures: not GW [and mainly because I've not painted any for ages - banged 20 out yesterday  8)]
- 28mm: British Warrior IFV [been undercoated for too long]
- 6mm: 2 x French Mirages [which have been sat here for ever - and they'll only take a few minutes]

Now the 'proper' stuff: 10mm:
- 2 [possibly 3] Vietnam display pieces for Pendraken
- a 'mystery' display piece for someone [no more details - the walls have ears  ;)]
- poss: SYW Austrians & Prussians

Possibly [blind optimism leading the way...]
- 28mm: British & French Napoleonics: skirmishing forces for the Peninsular: about 70 figures or so
- 6mm: IC AmFed & NeoSov forces for FWC

On the list:
- 10mm Culloden
- 6mm French & Polish WW2
- 2mm Medieval?
- 10mm Medieval: Swiss & Burgundian
- 10mm dungeoneering
- 1/3000 naval for Trafalgar?

swampking

a) a few [5] 15mm 1788 Swedish cav. 'battalions' [at this time historically, the Swedes divided their cav. regiments into battalions] of 20 figs each

b) finish off some 15mm 1788 Russian infantry battalions of 24 figs each

now, on to 10mm

c) work on the first units of the 1st S/H War [and post pics of said units to the forum - please, be gentle  ;D]

Pruneau

Once my newest order arrives:
More units of my Gloranthan Tarsh army (based on RuneQuest fantasy, HOTT rules):
Furthest Missile Regiment 'The Greencoats', both Male and Female regiment
Sun Dome Templars regiment
Highlanders regiment from Bagnot
College of magic regiment

But there's an  ever growing to do list on my whiteboard ,so plans may change  ;D
Boardgames: MMP ACW, ASL ᴥ BKC & SSOM - WW2 (In development) ᴥ Flying Lead - Sci-Fi: Shocktroops, Pulp, Spugs ᴥ WH - Greenskins, Dwarfs

http://hiording.blogspot.com - http://runequestfun.blogspot.com - http://secondsquadonme.blogspot.com

ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 03 May 2010, 08:56:45 AM
- 28mm: a load of [50?] fantasy & sci-fi figures: not GW [and mainly because I've not painted any for ages - banged 20 out yesterday  8)]
- 28mm: British Warrior IFV [been undercoated for too long]
- 6mm: 2 x French Mirages [which have been sat here for ever - and they'll only take a few minutes]

Now the 'proper' stuff: 10mm:
- 2 [possibly 3] Vietnam display pieces for Pendraken
- a 'mystery' display piece for someone [no more details - the walls have ears  ;)]
- poss: SYW Austrians & Prussians

Possibly [blind optimism leading the way...]
- 28mm: British & French Napoleonics: skirmishing forces for the Peninsular: about 70 figures or so
- 6mm: IC AmFed & NeoSov forces for FWC

On the list:
- 10mm Culloden
- 6mm French & Polish WW2
- 2mm Medieval?
- 10mm Medieval: Swiss & Burgundian
- 10mm dungeoneering
- 1/3000 naval for Trafalgar?

That's a lot of stuff there! 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

I'll be undercoating some figures for photographing hopefully, and maybe having a go at some plastic M3 Halftracks and some Panzers me and the son put together yesterday!

Keep the lists coming, and we'll all check in at the end of the month to see how we've got on.

Steve J

Start and finish this week a 1/48th scale British tank crewman for a friend for his website.

Make a start on some 15mm T-70 tanks for my BKC WWII Russian force.

Finish off basing 3 sections and command of 28mm WWII Paras for RoE.

Finish off some scenery, mainly flocking, consisting of fences and trees.

I bet I will do well to complete half of this lot!

nikharwood

QuoteThat's a lot of stuff there! 

Maybe, maybe not...we'll see  ;)

I tend to paint in bursts - and when I'm "on one" I'll paint like a man possessed...for example, I can do a 2000 point BKC army from black undercoat to spray varnish in about 6 hours if I'm focused & not interrupted  8) Yesterday's 20 fantasy 28mm figures took me about 2 hours or so...

And then there's weeks when I won't even feel like picking up a brush. I don't force it - that's when I can't paint for toffee..!

Oh - and I reckon Steve'll get distracted by the next "ooh, shiny" pic that you bung up Leon [if it's SCW] & need the nurse  :P

17-21l

Mate- I have decided to stick to the 10mm Russians Ive been buying recently- as I am sick of not finishing projects!!! (meanwhile Im basing them there Rebel militia AWI -Ive bought as a side order- cant wait to start them) NO NO NO!!! I must finish the Russians first!!!!! -maybe just one unit of Yankees??
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

goat major

bloody hell you lot are way too productive!

Tomorrow i should finally finish the last of my AWI British. I'll then be going up-scale for a bit (in a moment of weakness at Salute i bought a bunch of Empress Zulu War Brits for no apparent reason). That'll last me a few weeks before i go back to 10mm to start painting up the bad guys for AWI. All this will be interspersed with the odd Space Hulk figure.
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 03 May 2010, 08:38:54 PM
Oh - and I reckon Steve'll get distracted by the next "ooh, shiny" pic that you bung up Leon [if it's SCW] & need the nurse  :P

The next lot of SCW will be on the website in the next couple of days!  There might be some more vehicles for us to collect at Falkirk, and maybe some Colonial stuff as well.  Either way, they'll be some pics to look at!

Derek H

I've got to finish off the odds and ends left in my current 15mm WWII British 11th Armoured Division project.   

Then, after picking up the Pendraken infantry at the Carronade show in Falkirk next weekend, I'll moving on to Vietnam in 10mm for use with the new Charlie Don't Surf rules from Toofatlardies.

jchaos79

I will try to finish some space orks conversions.

Also like to paint some fantasy stuff.

sixsideddice

This month and next,

I will be painting two complete Pendraken 10mm ECW armies  (really can`t wait - which reminds me, I must put that order in today).

Also, I`ll be enjoying my latest order of Pendraken 10mm fantasy Dungeon stuff, including those Beggars I`ve been dying to get my hands on for so long.

... and importantly, I will be doing a bit more with my Victorian Steampunk models... slowly coming together nicely.

Six