Dungeon Campaign (Start to Finish)

Started by sixsideddice, 01 June 2012, 02:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Good stuff six - looking forward to hearing more of the new party  8)

sixsideddice

haven`t forgotten the campaign, in fact I now have about half a dozen sessions to write up in this thread. Just quiet as I am workng hard trying to keep head above water (try keeping a combined total of four kids in college, its crazy money  X_X )

Will get back to it sooooooooon  ;)

Six

Squirrel

Looking forward to it Six 8) Always for a cracking good read.

Cheers,

Kev

nikharwood

Quote from: Squirrel on 26 September 2012, 06:28:49 PM
Looking forward to it Six 8) Always for a cracking good read.

Cheers,

Kev

Wot he sed  :D

sixsideddice

30 September 2012, 02:15:17 PM #94 Last Edit: 30 September 2012, 02:17:21 PM by sixsideddice
My Campaign has taken on an epic tone over the last sessions... it’s just finding time to write it all up and doing justice to it all. Bear with me a while longer.

But a question if I may please: I`ve had my game sort of floating in limbo since its creation, waiting to sink it firmly into the right world once I decided where that would be. I considered Middle Earth for a while, and Forgotten Realms… Ravenloft, and others... but none of them seemed perfect for me; hence why I left my setting floating for now. Recently I discovered Game of Thrones and WOW, I think I`ve finally found my baby. However, I`m only just starting the series really (half way through book one) and was wondering which 10mm Pendraken minis would be best to use to represent the various factions and races. If anyone has already done their homework on this I`d be extremely grateful for their input.

Six

fred.

Dark Sword have the official licence - so are a good source of what different factions should look like

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/store2GRRM.htm

Plain armour, with cloaks seems quite common for most of the Lords so Late Medieval knights, might have to the add the cloaks your self.
The Starks seem to have earlier armour with surcoats

I think most of the Westoros troops will be broadly similar late medieval types. The Iron men, wildlings, dothrakyi etc will start getting more interesting figure wise.

The un-armoured late romans could be quite useful.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: sixsideddice on 30 September 2012, 02:15:17 PM
My Campaign has taken on an epic tone over the last sessions... it’s just finding time to write it all up and doing justice to it all. Bear with me a while longer.

But a question if I may please: I`ve had my game sort of floating in limbo since its creation, waiting to sink it firmly into the right world once I decided where that would be. I considered Middle Earth for a while, and Forgotten Realms… Ravenloft, and others... but none of them seemed perfect for me; hence why I left my setting floating for now. Recently I discovered Game of Thrones and WOW, I think I`ve finally found my baby. However, I`m only just starting the series really (half way through book one) and was wondering which 10mm Pendraken minis would be best to use to represent the various factions and races. If anyone has already done their homework on this I`d be extremely grateful for their input.

Six

Hi Six,

Have a look at the images for Battles of Westeros and its expansions on BoardGameGeek: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67492/battles-of-westeros

Should be plenty of inspiration there.

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

sixsideddice

WOW, THANK you Meirion... this idea is starting to look better and better.

Perfect.... cheers for that  :-bd

sixsideddice

WOOOOOOOOOW Fred.,..... I think I`m in love. These are fantastic. THANK you  :)

sixsideddice

Already I can see I`ve opened a sweet can of worms with this one.. and they taste good  :-\

I think we have a ` go` on this project.

I`ll probably pick up all the figures I need for this (face to face) when I`m at Warfare in November. Until then, I`ll just work out everything I need to purchase for now; which is made harder for me by the fact I don`t know whats to come in the succeeding six books (I`m still on book one); but that works too, as I`ll place my initial campaign just before the books start, and expand (time line wise) as I read and learn more... seems like plenty of scope to keep me going on this for a very long time to come.

:D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You need to know what is beyond the wall, it ranges from NATSY to REALLY REALLY NASTY!  ;)

Still the most dangerous thing are... humans and their ability to be petty and stupid!

Then there are dragons, mor eon those later!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sixsideddice

You need to know what is beyond the wall, it ranges from NATSY to REALLY REALLY NASTY! 

Still the most dangerous thing are... humans and their ability to be petty and stupid!

Then there are dragons, mor eon those later!

mmmmm I`m in love... these books are utterly amazing.

Jon Snow is my favourite character. I just LOVE the chapters about the wall. Beyond the wall, OMG I can`t wait.

sixsideddice

I do know one thing now... clearer than ever.

It doesn`t matter what rules I use to role play with; they`re all far too complicated in a totally unnecessary way. Dungeon World (which started out as a miniatures based 3D dungeon crawl game - much like Space Hulk did for sci-fi) and the simple rpg add on I included in these forums is without a doubt the way forward, for me at least. I think I`ll flesh out the rpg section properly to make it more rounded and usable for everyone. Looks like a 4th edition will soon be in the making   :D

Wow, Game of Thrones and me being all inspired.... dangerous combination  ;)

Six  :-\

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: sixsideddice on 01 October 2012, 09:39:52 AM
I`ll probably pick up all the figures I need for this (face to face) when I`m at Warfare in November. Until then, I`ll just work out everything I need to purchase for now; which is made harder for me by the fact I don`t know whats to come in the succeeding six books (I`m still on book one); but that works too, as I`ll place my initial campaign just before the books start, and expand (time line wise) as I read and learn more... seems like plenty of scope to keep me going on this for a very long time to come.

:D

Set a budget per book and get someone who'se read them to choose the figures for you. Keep them in separate packages by book and that way you've got an extra incentive to finish and when you do:  <:-P <:-P <:-P :-bd

;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

sixsideddice

01 October 2012, 11:55:21 AM #104 Last Edit: 01 October 2012, 12:07:38 PM by sixsideddice
Set a budget per book and get someone who'se read them to choose the figures for you. Keep them in separate packages by book and that way you've got an extra incentive to finish and when you do:    

Haha... now that`s not a bad idea  ;)

any volunteers  :D

Amendment (addition):

Actually, seriously.... if I set a budget, and could find someone who knows the books intimately... enough to choose, book by book, which figures I would need; as you say, I could have an endless source of loveliness to look forward to over the coming months - years even. It would require someone choosing the figures, slipping Leon the info needed to put each `book`s` worth of minis in appropriate envelopes for me to open when required, and bingo... endless fun.

Oh the joys of new projects and daydreaming  :x