Dungeon Campaign (Start to Finish)

Started by sixsideddice, 01 June 2012, 02:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

If you need I could, but I'd say you need someone who REALLY knows the fantasy range too...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sixsideddice

Cheers Lemmey, and thanks mate.....   let me think about it some more and see if I can come up with a good solution. I have a feeling the best thing I can do is probably read all the books first and then choose what I need  :( But the surprise in envelope idea does sound rather appealing I must admit. It`s not often you get a chance to be a big kid again and re-live christmas come early at my age hehe.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: sixsideddice on 01 October 2012, 11:55:21 AM
Actually, seriously.... if I set a budget, and could find someone who knows the books intimately... enough to choose, book by book, which figures I would need; as you say, I could have an endless source of loveliness to look forward to over the coming months - years even. It would require someone choosing the figures, slipping Leon the info needed to put each `book`s` worth of minis in appropriate envelopes for me to open when required, and bingo... endless fun.

Oh the joys of new projects and daydreaming  :x

Well, presumably, after the first few books you'd have most of the figures you'd need for the major players - unless entirely new factions turn up out of the blue!

Quote from: mad lemmey on 01 October 2012, 12:31:17 PM
If you need I could, but I'd say you need someone who REALLY knows the fantasy range too...

I'd have though you'd have the majority of the fantasy creatures in hand Six?

Of course I'm now being tempted to start reading them myself! I'll have to go and peek in the library later... ;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

sixsideddice

;D  8)  =)

omg these books just keep on getting more and more amazing, and deeper and deeper.... wheels within wheels; but oh soooooooo doable   :-\

oh yeah....  next campaign write up will be posted here tomorrow lol

Duke Speedy of Leighton

But you know your character will NEVER EVER follow your plot!

sixsideddice

=O   oh  god, never a truer word said

sixsideddice

THIS THREAD will continue in video form as soon as I get it all up on my site.... dunno why I didn`t think of recording all my campaign sessions like this years ago.

sixsideddice

QuoteHi Six,

Have a look at the images for Battles of Westeros and its expansions on BoardGameGeek: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67492/battles-of-westeros

I just spotted this old thread while I was doing `forum catch up`. Funnily enough, I have (over the last while) purchased just about everything for Battles of Westeros; both the big box games and all the expansions. Then I started picking up a few Battlelore boxes (Dwarves and Goblins mostly). The miniatures are great and the boards work amazingly well in 10mm... so I now add a lot of the Pendraken  range to my (lets call it) generic table top fantasy games.

I don`t do Thrones (tried it, didn`t like its story ark that much... and I couldn`t include all my lovely monsters). But, I do use the minis and the components both for stand alone games, and especially alongside my 10mm Dungeon stuff. The BOW and BL minis make great heroes, which I use alongside the smaller monster range... and the BOW maps are PERFECT for outdoors cameos in my campaign sessions.

Six.

sixsideddice

A few BOW minis alongside a few pieces from my beloved Pendraken 10mm Dungeon range.... I think you`ll agree, the scales are nicely compatible.

sixsideddice

finally gone Pro on my site today... so am uploading the first parts NOW.

God, this is going to take me a while, there's LOADS of it  :o

nikharwood

Quote from: sixsideddice on 08 August 2013, 06:44:13 PM
finally gone Pro on my site today... so am uploading the first parts NOW.

God, this is going to take me a while, there's LOADS of it  :o

Cool - looking forward to this...

sixsideddice

its still in its infancy, but I think its ready for anyone to take a look at now if they wish.

still lots more of the Video campaign sessions to go up, but I`ll adds those that over the next few weeks. After which, I`ll add each new D&D game session as it happens.

Lots of other things to see as well in the various sections, but like I say... still loads more to do yet as the site`s still new. Have a browse about at your leisure. I`ve added a couple links to a few of the various pages below.

http://shiftymushrooms.weebly.com/dd-campaign-on-video.html

http://shiftymushrooms.weebly.com/carlotta-wynn-pulp-fiction-gaming.html

http://shiftymushrooms.weebly.com/tutorial-steamboat.html