1914 Germans

Started by realthing, 22 May 2012, 03:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realthing

Here is the opposition to my BEF, some 1914 Germans. The only interloper is a Brit officer who has managed to infiltrate the command team disguised as a German, otherwise these are all standard early war German figures. They are based up for Phil Barker's Horse, Foot and Gun rules so one infantry element represents a full-strength battalion, cavalry a brigade or so and artillery about 18 guns. This therefore represents a division plus a few cav. Now working on some Jaeger to add variation and thinking about some head swapping to create some dragoons and maybe cuirassiers. Hope they are of interest.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are great! Nice work sire!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Excellent, thanks for posting!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mijalo

Splendid paint job. Prefer your BEF, but that's just me being biased ;)

nikharwood

realthing

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Hertsblue

Very neat. And the Brit officer fits in nicely.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

lekw

Great job, they look very good.

Bernie

Just ordered some early war WWI and glad I did having seen the nice way you have painted and based your figures

Bernie

realthing

Quote from: Bernie on 23 May 2012, 08:15:39 PM
Just ordered some early war WWI and glad I did having seen the nice way you have painted and based your figures

Glad you like the result, Bernie: they're nice figures to paint up - I've ordered some of the early war infantry with backpacks to go with these so will be adding to the force once they've arrived.

Aart Brouwer

Hmmm, gorgeous. Nice palette, too, with the toned-down browns and greens 'n all. Great job, Sir.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

realthing

Thanks, Aart. Here's my next batch, some Jaeger (GP 15). I really like this set of figures which were a pleasure to paint. The base colour for the uniform was Vallejo German Field Grey WWII (830) to represent grey-green of the Jaegers and to contrast with the lighter grey of the 'standard' Germans.

Bernie

Jaegers look really good

Need some cavalry for them to operate with

Does anyone do bicylcles in 10mm as they oftem impressed them to increase their mobility?

realthing

Thanks Bernie. More cavalry are on the 'to do' list but I want to do some head-swapping to make some dragoons/cuirassiers form the Uhlans so will be a while yet I think.

As far as the Jaeger are concerned, my understanding is that they had a cycle-mounted company in each battalion. Don't know about the availability of bicycles in 10mm but since many armies had bicycle companies in 1914 it would be good if they were available. Wrong nationality but found this brilliant website on French folding bicycles - surely must inspire someone to make a figure carrying a folded bike on his back? http://bsamuseum.wordpress.com/1898-1914-peugeot-captain-gerard-folding-bicycle/

mollinary

GR45 in the Pendraken WWII range is pushing a bicycle - conversion possibility?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!