Pendraken trees - mounting to bases

Started by Nosher, 14 May 2012, 02:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: nikharwood on 15 May 2012, 09:01:53 PM
Unless I'm very much mistaken, those are CDs...

I bet the wife's still wondering what ever happened to her Tom Jones collection.  8)

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Nosher

Quote from: nikharwood on 15 May 2012, 09:01:53 PM
Unless I'm very much mistaken, those are CDs...

Is that last one in Serotnin's piccies 'Welcome to the Jungle' by Guns n Roses?  #-o

I'll get my coat now shall I....?  :-S
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

FierceKitty

Quote from: Aart Brouwer on 15 May 2012, 09:04:40 PM
I bet the wife's still wondering what ever happened to her Tom Jones collection.  8)

Cheers,
Aart
I take it you've painted the grass around them green, green?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Serotonin

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

zaapark

Been using CDs to mount trees for years.  I can thank AOL for sending me and my friends all of my tree bases  :D
chris

Nosher

I Like the idea of CD's as bases but not of all my woods being circular and of the same diameter :(

Reckon I will stick to irregular/regular mdf bases.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Serotonin

What I do Nosher is I have some pieces of an old terrain mat cut into irregular shapes that I lay down on the table to show the boundaries of woods, then I place some CDs of trees on them for eye candy. That way I can move the CDs around if I need to move formations of troops, or stuff through the woods. Works fine for me.

Nosher

Made some progress today on some Timecast buildings on MDF bases with PD trees using some of the hints and tips kindly offered here.

So far so good - thanks chaps ;) Pics once complete will follow

Frank Carson