late roman opponents desperately needed....

Started by oneyed, 29 April 2010, 02:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneyed

Sorry, couldn't resist repeating what I've just posted over on Clibinariums's yahoo group... I've just taken delivery of a whole load more of the Late Romans... including a few of the codes I hadn't got previously via a second hand purchase... still continues to amaze me how much detail and character is packed into these figures..

We really do need those Germanics/Goths etc to give the Late Romans some decent (figurewise) opponents!

If I could add a further request regarding the Germanics/Goths which I understand are kind of in progress...

and if you could also consider adding a small character pack or two in the same way that was done with the Late Romans that would be lovely... I'm thinking here of a similar "arthurian" twist as done with the Late Romans... a shaman and hero or two... maybe dogs and pack handler (which I think has also been requested elsewhere on this forum)?

I'd also argue Picts would be worth covering in Clibinarium's distinct style.... :-)

Best wishes,

Mark

YORSTONS

I second that. And how about a few diffrent poses to keep things intresting. More saxons with small shields would be good.

Leon

I've added those suggestions.  The Germanic's/Goth's are in Clib's pipeline ( :o  :D ) so I think they'll be next on his list once the League of Augsburg is out of the way?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Doug

For a Pack master and dogs, I used the dogs out of the Australian Vietnam Range for the pack master any of the Dark ages figures will do, I used a Norse figure.

Leon

Quote from: Doug on 05 May 2010, 11:30:47 AM
For a Pack master and dogs, I used the dogs out of the Australian Vietnam Range for the pack master any of the Dark ages figures will do, I used a Norse figure.

Good idea.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

I know the reference,... but vietnam figs have spare dogs or are included/casted with the soldier in the same stand?

nikharwood

Jagger

I have  been gradually buying packs for a Late Roman army but not really doing a lot of painting.  Waiting for the Goths/Germanics/Franks...

YORSTONS

We also need some Late Roman Artillery, you only need the crews as you already do the bolt throwers ect.

Simpleees.

Leon

Quote from: YORSTONS on 10 May 2010, 03:43:37 PM
We also need some Late Roman Artillery, you only need the crews as you already do the bolt throwers ect.

Simpleees.

Good point!