Michaels 10mm 1809 BLOG

Started by WeeWars, 01 May 2012, 11:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeWars

POST 105: A little more on the Hungarians from my 100th Post.

www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost105.htm

Cheers, Michael
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nicely written up, good painting, these are coming on a storm!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Great stuff Michael.
Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

Thank you, gentlemen!

POST 106: The advance of Autumn.

www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost106.htm

Cheers, Michael

petercooman

Techno

Lovely Michael !
Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

Great work Michael. When might we see these on the battlefield? It would be great to see them en masse in action.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Rob

The blog is really coming along nicely Michael.

RE Austrian cuirraseurs: What do you think of the painted figure? Will a paint job succesfully hide the rear plate?

I am really disappointed with this FO-PAH, I was intending to have full Austrian heavy cavalry div.

We can mix in infantry from other manufacturers but I am not so sure about the cavalry because of varying horse sizes. Not sure anyone else does an Austrian cuirraseur any way.

WeeWars

21 September 2013, 02:09:46 PM #310 Last Edit: 21 September 2013, 02:13:07 PM by WeeWars
Quote from: Rob on 21 September 2013, 10:22:00 AM
The blog is really coming along nicely Michael.

RE Austrian cuirraseurs: What do you think of the painted figure? Will a paint job succesfully hide the rear plate?

I am really disappointed with this FO-PAH, I was intending to have full Austrian heavy cavalry div.

We can mix in infantry from other manufacturers but I am not so sure about the cavalry because of varying horse sizes. Not sure anyone else does an Austrian cuirraseur any way.

You are right, it is a terribly disappointing and unfortunate faux pas and I took the figures along to Claymore to discuss with Dave and Leon before I posted on my blog. Austrian cuirassiers are one of those troop types that you need lots of, they're going to stand loud and proud on the tabletop so the research should be right.

I tried to show how the paint job looks on the backs of the figures but the image below may provide a better view. The lines of the backplate can be seen but it's the bulk of the smooth torso and how the armour-plated back makes the paint job look iffy that disappoints.

Both Magister Militum and Old Glory produce 10mm Austrian Cuirassiers. The MM figures (which do not have a pic on the website) have purposely large horses that on first glance look like a larger scale. I don't think they would mix with Pendraken but I haven't tried.

WeeWars

21 September 2013, 02:11:44 PM #311 Last Edit: 21 September 2013, 02:16:33 PM by WeeWars
For future reference, Saxon cuirassiers that are on the to-do list didn't have backplates either!  ;D

WeeWars

Perhaps this image shows the backplate better.

Rob

Yep. Pretty clear on that picture.

If there was a preview of the Napoleonoc figures like we get from Techno, Mart and Clib, these errors would be spotted before they went too far.  :)

WeeWars

I researched and sent Leon a comprehensive list of uniform and equipment info for what I believe is the next batch of French releases as Leon posted that the sculptor was having difficulties with the time required to research uniforms and that that was what was holding him up. As Richard of Magister Militum said to me at Claymore this year, it took him a good whack of time to research each Napoleonic figure. I agree, it took me a good amount of time, too. So, here's hoping!  :)