Michaels 10mm 1809 BLOG

Started by WeeWars, 01 May 2012, 11:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeWars

Quote from: Rob on 20 January 2013, 05:06:49 PM
For interested if you want elite companies in the French  dragoon regiments I am using troopers from the Carabiniers pack.

Dragoons aren't on my painting list, but only because I'm concentrating on Aspern-Essling. Shame, but they didn't get over the river.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Like the conversion, it's obviously an old and treasured bicorn that's been slept in/on a few times on this campaign!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Stop picking on yourself Michael !
Cheers - Phil.

petercooman

Indeed, it looks great!

"Like, what's up with the negative waves Man!!!"

;)

nikharwood

WeeWars

Quote from: petercooman on 28 January 2013, 07:57:19 PM
"Like, what's up with the negative waves Man!!!"

:-< Must be those January blues. Cheered myself up with a drawing:

Post 67: French Regimental Officers’ Rank Insignia

http://www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost67.htm

Cheers, Michael

Duke Speedy of Leighton

:D Really good post, just makes sense and will add an interesting feature to each unit.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

I always understood that battalions and squadrons were commanded by majors - hence the French equivalent rank of "commandant". Alternatively, they were known simply as "chef de battalion" or "chef d'escadron". However, there are many instances in many armies of majors commanding regiments, colonels commanding brigades or even divisions, especially at the end of a hard campaign.  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

WeeWars

Quote from: Hertsblue on 31 January 2013, 08:59:10 AM
I always understood that battalions and squadrons were commanded by majors - hence the French equivalent rank of "commandant". Alternatively, they were known simply as "chef de battalion" or "chef d'escadron". However, there are many instances in many armies of majors commanding regiments, colonels commanding brigades or even divisions, especially at the end of a hard campaign.  :-\

The confusion is because the French Major equates to the British Lt. Colonel. The British Major being the French Chef de Battalion/Escadron. The French Major typically sports a white plume to denote his staff status. As second in charge, he would take command of the regiment if the Colonel was - off replacing a general!  :)

WeeWars

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

OldenBUA

Very good, but you will have to do a lot better to get anywhere near the views of the Top Totty thread!  :D
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

GordonY

Top Totty is dissapointing these days, Niks missus must be censoring his surfing.  ;D