Started by WeeWars, 01 May 2012, 11:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Well....

I'll be horn-swoggled......
I was having a look at your site earlier today Michael.....Guessing desperately that it was you who had mentioned something like 'Instant mold' (mould).....I just couldn't remember what it was called at that stage...and I wanted to find some to order ....(It's done Huzzah !...and it was you...THANKS !)

Just had another look at your site.....If it's any help to you at all....It doesn't seem to work quite as smoothly as it did before. (Well I'm damned...Barbarian has just posted 'much better'.....To me it 'jumps up and down' on the page before I can go forward. :-\)
As you say...If you've changed things around,  it's early days....and I only look at it on the PC....Me ?...a phone or similar that connects to the intraweb ?....Nah ! I'm too much of a technophobe.

It's still one of...If not THE most impressive blogs I ever look at though.....SO impressive !!

Happy New Year to you too, and keep up the superb work !
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

barbarian

Cool mini or not sells Instant Mold.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: Techno on 04 January 2013, 05:17:20 PM
Just had another look at your site.....If it's any help to you at all....It doesn't seem to work quite as smoothly as it did before. (Well I'm damned...Barbarian has just posted 'much better'.....To me it 'jumps up and down' on the page before I can go forward. :-\)
As you say...If you've changed things around,  it's early days....and I only look at it on the PC....Me ?...a phone or similar that connects to the intraweb ?....Nah ! I'm too much of a technophobe.

It's still one of...If not THE most impressive blogs I ever look at though.....SO impressive !!

Thanks, Phil. Most of the jumps are just how HTML pages load because they load per page. The Flash movie was nice and smooth because it did all its loading at the start, which allowed fast clicking through the 'pages'. My early solution to viewing the lower (content) part of the HTML pages that I mentioned will be superseded by adding code to links that retain the scroll position - as and when I can work that one out! That may reduce jumps but the flicker you get with loading won't go away. Soz - as they say in intraweb speech  :)
Cheers, Michael
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Thanks Michael.....
I think I actually understood that !! ;) ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

I knew I'd have to do it one day: the Blog now has a Blog Index, access from the Navigation Bar.
Cheers, Michael

Hertsblue

Some-one's been a busy bunny! Great improvement to an already terrific site.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

Quote from: barbarian on 04 January 2013, 06:08:29 PM
Cool mini or not sells Instant Mold.

Thanks B.

I got mine from Firestorm in Cardiff....Already here...It's EXCELLENT !!
Wish I'd bought some sooner !
Quicker and a lot less messy and time consuming than trying to RTV 'bits' with silicon rubber....It 'gives', which dental wax doesn't ! (That's truly  next to useless for multiple copies.)

And though Instant Mold is very similar to the compound I 'blagged' from our equine vet (Which is used to help stick on 'plastic' horse shoes....Yes honestly.. plastic horse shoes.)....That particular compound sets like rock, so again, it isn't much use for doing lots of copies.

I'm well impressed. (With apologies to FK for such awful use of English.)  ;)

Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

Quote from: Hertsblue on 09 January 2013, 12:34:31 PM
Some-one's been a busy bunny! Great improvement to an already terrific site.
Thanks, Ray. I made the Blog Index very quickly after a request on TMP. After the work I'd done on creating 90+ pages of HTML, I thought I could afford a short break from making the site and get on with the content. It was not to be!

Phil, Don't forget what I said back in November: "Look forward to seeing the results!" I'd be interested if you discover a new way to keep the stuff warm to avoid water and air messing up the mould.

Techno

Quote from: WeeWars on 09 January 2013, 04:48:54 PM
Phil, Don't forget what I said back in November: "Look forward to seeing the results!" I'd be interested if you discover a new way to keep the stuff warm to avoid water and air messing up the mould.

;D ;D ;D
I can't show you yet Michael....I'm using the process for something 'hush hush' at the moment.
But....I'm letting the putty set (relatively quickly) by leaving the whole 'kit and caboodle' on top of a radiator.
I have been tempted to put in tiny vents with a pin.

What I love about Instant mold is that you can see through it to see where the putty hasn't filled the cavity.
So far I've said 'sod it'....Let it set...Then 'repaired' the 'casting' with minute amounts of putty. ;)

Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

Quote from: Techno on 09 January 2013, 05:56:02 PM
I can't show you yet Michael....I'm using the process for something 'hush hush' at the moment.
Your secret is safe with me - and the rest of the Forum.

WeeWars

Quote from: Techno on 09 January 2013, 05:56:02 PM
What I love about Instant mold is that you can see through it to see where the putty hasn't filled the cavity.
I'm trying to avoid those lines you get as the mould bunches up on itself. I think that's where keeping the stuff warm helps.

Techno

At the moment, with what I'm using it for.... that particular problem isn't an issue Michael  ;)
No....no hints......yet !! ;D ;D
I'm still experimenting really....But it appears to be working as I want already !
Cheers - Phil.

petercooman

Hey, having browsed your really nice blog before, i can only say keep it up!

However, from the moment you said you changed it up can no longer see it. I get as far as "enter" and that's it.