Michaels 10mm 1809 BLOG

Started by WeeWars, 01 May 2012, 11:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeWars

Post 58: Another post, another building. This time, a Kibri rebuild.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

barbarian

You should make a loading bar cause when I click on the sections (winter, spring...), it's strange to wait without any indication that I have clicked something.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: WeeWars on 07 December 2012, 08:39:45 PM

Looks wonderful !
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

Quote from: WeeWars on 07 December 2012, 08:39:45 PM

Up to your usual immaculate standard, Michael. It's amazing what you can do with a bit of skill and ingenuity.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

WeeWars

A note about my terrain tiles and a start at organising the Aspern-Essling baseboard: Posts 59 and 60.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

A very handsome set of terrain tiles. But it always seems to me a wargaming paradox that the more realistic the terrain the less suitable it becomes to stand figures on.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

WeeWars

Quote from: Hertsblue on 21 December 2012, 08:46:32 AM
A very handsome set of terrain tiles. But it always seems to me a wargaming paradox that the more realistic the terrain the less suitable it becomes to stand figures on.  :(

That is so unfortunately true. I still haven't thrown away my Subbuteo pitches! ;D

Techno

Excellent once again Michael !

Subbuteo ?........
Oh... the happy hours I used to spend playing that in my 'yoof' :)
Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

Quote from: Techno on 21 December 2012, 11:54:33 AM
Subbuteo ?........
Oh... the happy hours I used to spend playing that in my 'yoof' :)

And weren't you tempted to turn the pitch over and play soldiers on the other side? :)

Techno

No Michael. ;D ;D ;D ;D

The little plastic Airfix soldiers were used outside in tiny trenches dug out of the so called 'flower beds' in the garden..... while Osgood and Hutchinson weaved their way through whichever defenders were in the way, and smacked the ball into the net on the pitch. ;)  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

Turned-over Subbuteo pitches were an easy way to convert a drab tabletop into a luscious green meadow - hills created by stuffing whatever underneath. We happily picked up any we could second-hand - without players! Still stored away somewhere - players long gone! ;D

Chrissy

Michael - your blog is truly inspirational and I am really looking forward to reading your next entry.

WeeWars

Quote from: Chrissy on 21 December 2012, 09:22:15 PM
Michael - your blog is truly inspirational and I am really looking forward to reading your next entry.

Thanks, Chrissy. The festive season is upon us, so I might have to behave myself and do Christmas before I post again. <:-P Cheers, Michael

WeeWars

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2013 has begun with a major blog rebuild. My Flash version â€" which was basically one big movie file â€" served my blog aspirations well throughout 2012 but it had its quirks. Page linking, use of back-button, and the movie taking longer and longer to load as the Blog got bigger being the main issues.

A new HTML software package arrived in time for Christmas 2012 and the holiday period was spent re-building the existing site, which has meant recreating over 90 pages as HTML pages. HTML means proper page links and use of the back button â€" every page can now be bookmarked and linked to. I’ve also been able to add more external links within the text. The flag buttons of the Flash site have been replaced with a navigational bar, allowing one-click links to every Blog Post.  Another improvement is that the site should now be able to be visited on devices that can not access Flash sites, like some handhelds and phones.

I did appreciate how the screen in the Flash site retained its position whatever the window size. This meant that on smaller devices the page didn’t keep jumping back up to the top every time the user clicked on the ‘last post’ and ‘next post’ buttons. I’ve tried to achieve something similar with my HTML site. It’s not perfect but if the top of a screen is level with the foot of the banner image, the pages should not need scrolling down as the ‘last post’ and ‘next post’ buttons are used.

It’s still early days. Entry is still via the Flash intro screen. The April 1809 Calendar hasn’t yet been rebuilt in HTML, so it will be missing for a while â€" unless it’s greatly missed. And Napoleon’s signature still needs redoing! It’s been a lot of work (there’re bound to be some rough edges I haven’t noticed yet) but I hope it improves the experience of visiting the Blog.

Cheers, Michael