WeeWars

Thank you, gentlemen!

Post 55: Look at my extension!
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Brilliant idea, Michael. I never knew such a thing existed.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Quote from: WeeWars on 26 November 2012, 05:49:48 PM
Thank you, gentlemen!

Post 55: Look at my extension!
In polite society, a gentleman does not invite other gentlemen to look at his extension!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Excellent ! :-bd
I've been looking for the 'correct' name (Instant Mould) of that stuff for ages.
Saves wasting time mixing overlarge quantities of silicon rubber.....(Which is why I avoid using that.)
Dental 'wax', is a pain for the size of 'bits' I want to use it for.....And some weird waxy stuff, that I blagged from our equine vet doesn't work too well either.

I'll certainly be investing in a pack of Instant mould fairly soon.
Thanks Michael !
(BTW....Am I missing something on the blog that means I can go directly to the page you mention...rather than clicking through every page ? Mind you...It doesn't take long to do that... ;))

Cheers - Phil.

barbarian

A speed comment on spray can :

Montana Nitro 2G has a limited range of color but is extremely matt and has a "new" valve which consents to be precise.

And they cost less than 5 euros for 500 ml !!!!
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: Techno on 27 November 2012, 09:46:39 AM
I'll certainly be investing in a pack of Instant mould fairly soon.
Thanks Michael !

Don't forget to Google the American spelling 'mold', though :) . You'll find tips on keeping the stuff warm to avoid water and air messing up the mould and, although not recommended for the product, using resin but in layers to avoid melting the mould. Have fun! Look forward to seeing the results!

Quote from: Techno on 27 November 2012, 09:46:39 AM
(BTW....Am I missing something on the blog that means I can go directly to the page you mention...rather than clicking through every page ? Mind you...It doesn't take long to do that... ;))

My original apology in the OP was because I chose to use Flash for my Blog. A Flash file is a frame-based movie. The pages you see are frames that I code to stop and start. When you see animation, the movie is playing through a number of frames. This all means that any external link would have to end up at a specific frame within the movie. This can be achieved but my experiments showed that it only worked with some browsers and only after more time-consuming work. It is frustrating and I do apologise again. However, I believe that providing links that won't work in some browsers would be even more frustrating for some folks, so I just had to let that one go and put my time into doing other (hopefully wargames) stuff :D . However, another solution might surface! Meanwhile, keep hitting the Advance Posts button :D ! You might have noticed from the web address field of your browser that the blog and the intro are now on two separate html pages to improve loading times. You can skip the intro by bookmarking http://www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blog.html. I haven't recommended this because I might change this page name as the Blog gets bigger and feel compelled to use multiple movie files :o ! Now that's a nightmare of reorganisation waiting to happen!

Cheers, Michael

WeeWars

Quote from: barbarian on 27 November 2012, 12:34:53 PM
A speed comment on spray can :

Montana Nitro 2G has a limited range of color but is extremely matt and has a "new" valve which consents to be precise.

And they cost less than 5 euros for 500 ml !!!!

Thanks for that. Yes, the colour range so far is very limited. But there is black for those who like it! I'll keep an eye on the range for new colours!

Cheers, Michael

WeeWars

It's 10mm but it's looking like a pigsty!

see Post 56 - just click on the 'Winter Quarters ~13' button

Ben Waterhouse

Love it; so, any pigs on the painting table?

Rob

Michael,

I am so impressed with your blog. It must be one of the best ever in the wargaming arena. You are also relentless in updating it. Absolutely brilliant.

Cheers Rob  :)

WeeWars

Quote from: Rob on 05 December 2012, 10:17:12 PM
I am so impressed with your blog. It must be one of the best ever in the wargaming arena. You are also relentless in updating it. Absolutely brilliant.

Cheers, Rob! That's really good to hear!

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 05 December 2012, 08:49:21 PM
Love it; so, any pigs on the painting table?

Ben, If I can keep the scavenging troops off them I'm sure some piggies will find their way to the painting table soon. At least I have a home for them when they do materialise.

Meanwhile, another building - this time plastic: Post 57

Cheers, Michael

Duke Speedy of Leighton

This blog gets better and better! GREAT work fella!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Agree with you completely about the small touches that bring a landscape alive. Whilst conceding that we're not trying to build diorama-quality terrain, the odd period detail does a lot to add to the ambiance of a battle.

Nice work.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net