Michaels 10mm 1809 BLOG

Started by WeeWars, 01 May 2012, 11:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldenBUA

Quote from: Techno on 23 September 2015, 01:53:29 PM
(Don't quite understand why.....But this PC seems to slow right down in the late afternoon/evening...It's fine at the moment. Is it just down to the amount of local 'traffic' using the intraweb ?)

Maybe some scheduled process (Like a virus scanner) that runs in the background at this time?
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

WeeWars

Quote from: OldenBUA on 23 September 2015, 02:32:38 PM
Maybe some scheduled process (Like a virus scanner) that runs in the background at this time?

Sounds like the culprit. Check to see if there's a virus scan scheduled to run daily.

Meanwhile, another post and one that should provoke comment (cos it's about money):

POST 197

http://www.michaelscott.name/1809/blog2015/1809blogpost197.htm

Cheers, Michael
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Interesting to note the big difference in prices. Worth noting that Pendraken will provide just one figure from a range at not extra cost. This has proved very useful to me in the past.

jambo1

Leon

Unfortunately I think you've used an old pricelist of ours there as the packs are £4.50 each, so our foot should be 15p per figure, mounted are 30p each and a gun with crew would be £1.50 each.  We're still comparing favourably with the others, plus we have other bonuses as Steve mentioned, so hopefully it's all good!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

And I was just going to post about what good value Pendraken is.

Then Leon goes and spoils it all with facts.   >:(   ;)

What's more interesting from the numbers is how similar most of the manufacturers are in their pricing (apart from the GHQ figs which are really expensive).

In 10mm its not really the cost of the figure - but the cost of the unit.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

23 September 2015, 09:26:04 PM #756 Last Edit: 23 September 2015, 09:38:05 PM by paulr
Quote from: Leon on 23 September 2015, 08:46:44 PM
Unfortunately I think you've used an old pricelist of ours there as the packs are £4.50 each, so our foot should be 15p per figure, mounted are 30p each and a gun with crew would be £1.50 each.  We're still comparing favourably with the others, plus we have other bonuses as Steve mentioned, so hopefully it's all good!

8)

Well done Leon, some companies would have kept quite on this =D> =D>

As a serial 'special order' placer, the service from Pendraken is a massive bonus :-[ :)

PS A very prompt response Michael
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: Leon on 23 September 2015, 08:46:44 PM

8)

Oops, my mistake. I've amended the post accordingly. Pendraken was the only current list I didn't check - that price rise must have passed me by.

WeeWars

How I paint the windows of my 10mm laser-cut models.

POST 198

http://www.michaelscott.name/1809/blog2015/1809blogpost198.htm

Cheers, Michael

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 23 September 2015, 09:42:51 PM
Oops, my mistake. I've amended the post accordingly. Pendraken was the only current list I didn't check - that price rise must have passed me by.

No worries, it was back in Jan '14 I think, somewhere around then.  We'll be due for another one soon!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 24 September 2015, 05:53:01 PM
No worries, it was back in Jan '14 I think, somewhere around then.  We'll be due for another one soon!   :D

Just remember to give us fair warning so we can get an order in before the price rise ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

And release the rest of the French Imperial Guard first, too.  :D

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 24 September 2015, 08:33:30 PM
Just remember to give us fair warning so we can get an order in before the price rise ;)

It's likely to be early 2016 sometime...  :(

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021