Michaels 10mm 1809 BLOG

Started by WeeWars, 01 May 2012, 11:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Brilliant, yet again, Michael ! :-bd
Cheers - Phil

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

Magnificent Michael, just how quickly did you paint up those 12 figures, you only posted about the AIM figures yesterday :o

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Excellent way of expanding poses. Always use brush on primer myself nowadays. Didn't realise it came in other than black white and grey.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

Excellent, Michael - especially the faces. I must admit I'd never heard of AIM before (or am I looking at the initials of something I would recognise immediately?)  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

I had some AIM ACW zouaves in my first attempt at 10mm FPW in the early 90s, but they were sold on. got back into 10mm FPW when the Pendraken range was remodelled.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

WeeWars

Quote from: paulr on 19 December 2014, 10:23:14 PM
Magnificent Michael, just how quickly did you paint up those 12 figures, you only posted about the AIM figures yesterday :o

Ain't no speed painting going on here  ;D

I got the figures sometime last week but posts have to wait for photographs to be taken.

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 19 December 2014, 11:00:59 PM
Excellent way of expanding poses. Always use brush on primer myself nowadays. Didn't realise it came in other than black white and grey.

I'm not a fan of priming 10mm in black, white or grey so the Vallejo colours are great but always different in swatches and quite hard to find samples out of the bottle.

Quote from: Hertsblue on 20 December 2014, 11:09:37 AM
Excellent, Michael - especially the faces. I must admit I'd never heard of AIM before (or am I looking at the initials of something I would recognise immediately?)  :-\

AIM were manufactured by Tom Dyer who still holds the moulds in storage. I think they were produced under the MiniFigs banner. Their lead content suggests they slipped under the radar before the digital revolution was able to properly record their demise.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 20 December 2014, 11:35:31 AM
I had some AIM ACW zouaves in my first attempt at 10mm FPW in the early 90s, but they were sold on. got back into 10mm FPW when the Pendraken range was remodelled.

Early 90s sounds right.

WeeWars

Tom Dyer on TMP in 2007:

The AIM figure line is 10mm and is owned by GFI. Minifigs UK have the exclusive rights for Europe.

And in 2006:

Well, "I" like them! Why? Because the detail is there to paint; they are individually cast, are inexpensive (24 foot or 12 cav per pack for $4.95); and "I" like their looks when painted up.

Bad: I only have the Russians yet to get out. They need command. The designer has dropped off the face of the earth and finding someone to capture the style is being a tough job. This makes our offerings a bit slow to be added to at the moment.

I have had a ball doing conversions so we could get the Austrians out. Need to find the time to complete command for Austrian Cav, hussars and Russians.Look for us to redo our ACW packaging/molds/offerings later this year.

"I" feel that enough is out to start collecting and doing some battles with. I use several other companies in my armies, too (just like in other scales).

WeeWars

A couple of French officers in a couple of posts:

POSTS 174 & 175

www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost174.htm

Cheers, Michael

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Wow, cool sculpts Michael! Really look the part.
Nice combination of poses too.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Two marvellous conversions Michael  :-bd =D> :-bd =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Damn fine work, Michael.
Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

Thank you. gentlemen!

Figures now painted, also with a bit more putty modelling:

POST 176

www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost176.htm

Cheers, Michael

Techno

Top notch, again, that man !
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner