May Releases!

Started by Leon, 01 May 2012, 12:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Martyn on 13 May 2012, 04:07:25 PM
My apologies to everyone for the tone of my initial e-mail.

No worries, let's all get back to some gaming!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Group hug, everyone!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just how civilised is this place! Nice one all round! :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Martyn

Perhaps I might suggest that from this discourse something positive might be gained. In truth I think the Panhard AC is let down by its wheels. Perhaps to improve the detail on future releases of wheeled vehicles Pendraken might consider making and casting, say three different sizes of detailed masters (for small, medium and large vehicles). Probably making a set of wheels from scratch is a pain trying to get each one round and the same.  These could then be sent out to the chaps who are making the initial models and then simply fitted into position.  It would have the advantage being already detailed and make for quicker turn rounds on completed masters?

regards

Martyn

Leon

Quote from: Martyn on 14 May 2012, 02:45:07 PM
Perhaps I might suggest that from this discourse something positive might be gained. In truth I think the Panhard AC is let down by its wheels. Perhaps to improve the detail on future releases of wheeled vehicles Pendraken might consider making and casting, say three different sizes of detailed masters (for small, medium and large vehicles). Probably making a set of wheels from scratch is a pain trying to get each one round and the same.  These could then be sent out to the chaps who are making the initial models and then simply fitted into position.  It would have the advantage being already detailed and make for quicker turn rounds on completed masters?

Getting the wheels all the same (and all round!) is indeed tricky, and your suggestion is definitely something we've considered in the past, and something which we'd like to do in the future.  I'm not sure how many different sizes we'd need, as there are a lot of variations used over the years, but 'wheel dollies' as it were, would be a good thing.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I don't know whether the following would work....as it slows things down for the designer..... :'(
And would give Pendraken 'extra' moulding and casting tasks !! :'(
But......How about the designer just making a single wheel....sending it in.... and having multiples returned ?.

I've certainly used a similar method in the distant past when doing certain Mechs for Ral P.....They didn't need wheels but occasionally  certain bits could be duplicated for parts of left and right limbs, as they were effectively identical....Get them sent back....Pin them together. ...Took time post wise...But....
Much easier to do it that way, rather than spend hours of extra modelling to make the left and right sides look as identical as possible. 
!
I know wheels are a different matter to multi casting things like shields, muskets etc which could potentially be used dozens of times on different models....So, just a thought..
Maybe it would be worth considering ??

Martyn's right.....Doing wheels is a complete pain in the bum.....Unless you're a diva with a mini lathe.....Something that I'm most certainly not !
Just one of the reasons I just loathe doing vehicles. :P

Cheers - Phil.