Great stuff.
Looking forward for more from LoA.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Blaker on 01 May 2012, 09:52:18 PM

Now just remember the Aztecs and Mayans need to be finished before December 21, 2012 so the world will not be destroyed   :d  :d

As the world's going to be destroyed anyway, is there much point?  :d
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

mart678

Of course there is a point as you can only bring with you to the after life the wargames armies you own so imagine eternity with 1 army AAAGGHHHHH!!!!!

rexhurley

Quote from: Hertsblue on 03 May 2012, 08:32:34 AM
As the world's going to be destroyed anyway, is there much point?  :d
You do realise that the world is only going to come to an end because some Spaniard ran a sword through the scribes back as he was chiselling away at the calendar tablet dont you  :d :d ;)

Mind you if it does end then I won't have to worry about getting up for work eh!  :-\

Chad

What pees me off is that I will only have 2 months to enjoy my retirement!  >:( :'(

Chad

Hertsblue

Quote from: Chad on 04 May 2012, 09:21:13 AM
What pees me off is that I will only have 2 months to enjoy my retirement!  >:( :'(

Hope you enjoy it - I certainly do.  <:-P
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Chad

Martyn

Panhard Armoured Car

Is this a serious "master" it looks so shoddy? No detail. This is a backward step or was it just "banged out"to satisfy a few people on the Pendraken Forum? Come on Pendraken, look at what is being done in 6mm by GHQ. I did the Yom kippur Game at Salute using GHQ because Pendraken did not respond and the quality of GHQ is excellent. I realise that Pendraken forum members will condemn this heresy but I am a potential customer and I don't like what I see. I don't expect you to reconsider but if a company only listen to followers but customers then that company dies. ( The kings new clothes comes to mind)  Please raise your game on the detail side. Your in charge of your designers ?????

I only expect negative response from the forum to this, but I run a business and I can't afford to be weak when a supplier delivers second rate. It's sent back.

Maenoferren

Having never seen a Panhard Armoured car in my life, i wouldnt know one if it ran over my foot, so I cant pass comment. However I would say you are more likely to get negative comments from the tone of your message. If you dont like something, no big deal, there are some figures I dont like, prehaps if you didnt like it you could have said so in a different way.
Yep some may see your comment as heresy, however, I would suggest a lot more see it as bit rude and heavy handed.
obviously this is my view and cannot be read as anyone elses.
cheers
Steve
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

GordonY

While the quality of GHQ is indeed excellent, so is the fecken price!! That and its too damn small for these ageing eyes and stubby fingers.

The Panhard looks perfectly ok to me and I will be having a few as recce units at some point. Rarely will a master knocked up out of plasticard and green (yellow) stuff look anywhere near as good as the production metal once its had a coat of paint. Even my slap dash paint jobs look good enough for government work on my Pendraken armies.

Derek H

Quote from: GordonY on 05 May 2012, 07:35:46 AM
While the quality of GHQ is indeed excellent, so is the fecken price!! That and its too damn small for these ageing eyes and stubby fingers.

The Panhard looks perfectly ok to me and I will be having a few as recce units at some point. Rarely will a master knocked up out of plasticard and green (yellow) stuff look anywhere near as good as the production metal once its had a coat of paint. Even my slap dash paint jobs look good enough for government work on my Pendraken armies.

The GHQ stuff has massively exaggerated detail.  Huge rivets where at 1/300 you should barely be able to see the things.

It's a look some people really like but I prefer my models to be more realistic.

Ben Waterhouse

05 May 2012, 10:22:26 AM #26 Last Edit: 05 May 2012, 10:29:54 AM by Ben Waterhouse
Well I will wait until I see the actual casting before judging.

Oh and by the way I think people who run businesses ought to invest in a little more customer service...

There happened to be an enthusiastic buyer of a certain company's rules who whilst visiting Salute and wanting to purchase some more spent a good while being ignored several times; as the purveyor was too busy shooting the breeze with a pal = no sale...  ;)

fred.

05 May 2012, 10:22:59 AM #27 Last Edit: 05 May 2012, 10:25:11 AM by fred 12df
This is another manufacturers 10mm Panhard

And here's a real one
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

So it would seem some rivet heads should be visible, but probably smaller than then on the other 10mm model?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Chad

Martyn

I don't know about other forum members, but I find the comments regarding Pendraken customer service well off the mark.

I have found them to be nothing but supportive and to my mind go out of their way to meet customer requests.

As someone once said you cannot please all the people all the time and very few business can achieve that.

What did they not respond to?

As to the modellers, Leon has pointed out many times, many of them do not work exclusively for Pendraken nor in 10mm scale. They are all, I believe, self-employed and therefore are suppliers and not employees. In your business are you in charge of your suppliers?

Chad
:(