chariot wars?

Started by Lovstrom, 28 April 2010, 11:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovstrom

Any chance of you doing some of the biblical wars?
Like Assyrian and Babylonians?

Leon

Thanks for those, it's something we'll consider when we've finished with our current projects.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lovstrom

Hehe Thanks Leon.
with my little time here I still realize that will be several years with the amount of stuff currently on you block:)

Sven

Leon

Haha, maybe, maybe not.  We've got all sorts in the pipeline at the moment, but as those projects get completed, we'll look at what people have been asking for.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

28 April 2010, 08:24:42 PM #4 Last Edit: 28 April 2010, 08:45:14 PM by jchaos79
Have my full support and my votes for any biblical /bronze age army. I have already an egyptian and hittie and I am eager to expand this period.

If documentation is needed, maybe I could help, have a lot of material.

Ideas:

Sumerians and akkadians with phalange formations
Gilgamesh (the first of all heros) and inhabitants of the world of the death
Shun form eden garden (a set of Adam, eve, cain and abel)
Tartessos inhabitants
phoenicean sailors
Nubians from beyond the second fall
David Kingdom (with the "lost arc" figure and proters)
Nomadic israelite tribes
Kurgans and nomadic invasions
Doric savages from beyond the Danub
Mycenic kingdoms
Minoan (Minotaur included)
Chariots lots of chariots
Atlantic people (not really historic but really fun, and aristotle situated the splendor of this civilization near bronze age, more or less)
Stone age inhabitants (well not biblical but europe bronze age)
Sea people (I see sea people!!)
Sardian warriors
Canaanite
Heroic mythological figures (winged bull men headed, carrion featther priest, sphinx, storm god for hitttes, )
Mari empire
Hyksos invaders
babylon and neo babylon

maybe this summer will have Sumer time!! please 8) (if some figures from pendraken will hit the market)

FierceKitty

The Sherden WERE some of the Sea People, weren't they?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

jchaos79

Quote from: FierceKitty on 28 April 2010, 08:55:48 PM
The Sherden WERE some of the Sea People, weren't they?

I think so. But today still not know where exactly come from sea people. They were a very heterogenious and ethnic mixed army.

Sherden are more known, because after the invasion, the egyptian pharaons take some of those foreigners as bodyguards for their ferocity in battle. This new troops incorporated a "sun disc" on their helmet (between the two little horns) as a distinctive of being in egytpian army. They are famous too, because they bodyguard ramses II in Qadesh battle.

Other idea is libya warriors, 10mm do not have those range. There is a huge period to be explored!

Leon

Quote from: jchaos79 on 28 April 2010, 08:24:42 PM
Have my full support and my votes for any biblical /bronze age army. I have already an egyptian and hittie and I am eager to expand this period.

If documentation is needed, maybe I could help, have a lot of material.

Ideas:

Sumerians and akkadians with phalange formations
Gilgamesh (the first of all heros) and inhabitants of the world of the death
Shun form eden garden (a set of Adam, eve, cain and abel)
Tartessos inhabitants
phoenicean sailors
Nubians from beyond the second fall
David Kingdom (with the "lost arc" figure and proters)
Nomadic israelite tribes
Kurgans and nomadic invasions
Doric savages from beyond the Danub
Mycenic kingdoms
Minoan (Minotaur included)
Chariots lots of chariots
Atlantic people (not really historic but really fun, and aristotle situated the splendor of this civilization near bronze age, more or less)
Stone age inhabitants (well not biblical but europe bronze age)
Sea people (I see sea people!!)
Sardian warriors
Canaanite
Heroic mythological figures (winged bull men headed, carrion featther priest, sphinx, storm god for hitttes, )
Mari empire
Hyksos invaders
babylon and neo babylon

maybe this summer will have Sumer time!! please 8) (if some figures from pendraken will hit the market)

Now that's a lot of stuff!

jchaos79

Yep, this is more like ideas or inspiration thrown, to an sculptor to pick up what they like.

My vote is for anything related with bronze age, I do not expect all the ideas to became figures, but maybe the more interesting for you could be inspiration for crazy an uniques figures. Also I try to express that bronze age is more than egyptian wearing tunics and spears. And the myth is very related to this period, so mythological range could be interesting.

But the original Assarian or babylonian will be more than ok

Lovstrom

some of the reason I didnt suggest Egytians and stuff is that it already exists a 10mm range of them. Also the sumerians and minoans do exist in 10mm.then one can of couse only dream that our favorite
sculptor will do them.
I havent found the Assyrians and Babylonians from anywhere else and so my post for them here.
But heck Im quite new in the 10m crowd so I might not know of everything available.

Sven

jchaos79

Well, old glory have assyrians, and magister millitum had cover some armies. But in my taste (justa personal opinion) I do not really like too much magister millitum. I prefere the sculptors from Pendraken. So, as any other period, like romans/gauls, etc... I do not see inconvenience in have more Pendraken assyrians or other army.