Carden Loyd Mark VI tankettes for Inter War Period

Started by billwyatt, 27 March 2012, 07:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billwyatt

A possible Inter-War Vehicles that might be a good for possible building is  Carden Loyd Mark VI Tankette, producted from 1927 to 1935 by  the R.O.F. ( Royal Ordnance Factories), who made 325 of the Mark VI's.  They were a two-man vehicle with a single Vickers m.g. and powered by a Ford engine. Used  by  15 countries incl. Japan, Italy, Soviet Union & Netherlands. Also the base for some countries to make there own tankettes. Also a key part of the Pre-War British Tank Regiments as scouting unit, so would be good for AVBCW. I have found some diagrams & pictures on the internet that could help.
The first is a picture of  the Mk.VI tankette at the Tank Museum in the UK, the next one is the Bolivian version, that saw served in the Chaco War 1932-1935.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Rather it was someting MODERN, but these would be useful.

IanS :D ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Hurrah

Unlike every thing else that calls it daddy, the Soviet T-27 is almost a carbon copy to look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-27

The MG mounting and full width overhead protection being the key differences. So either would be nice.

Of the original, about half the production was ordered by the British Army. Which means some 300 or so (plus variations on the platform) were sold overseas. So if you want a 'small wars' campaign between the wars (China or South Amrerica spring to mind), this would be on your shopping list.

It is also perfect for Sealion Games.

billwyatt

Thanks for the info on the T-27.  I found some very good detailed pictures of the Mark VIs that the Italians brought.

billwyatt

The final picture of the Italian MK.VI.

Leon

We've got the T-27 on the lists, so I'll add this one as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!