The Walking Dead

Started by Luddite, 26 March 2012, 01:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

I'm only having a play, at the moment...and these are anything but remotely complete....Note the lack of proper arms for starters ;)
But is this the type of thing you mean ?....Or am I missing the point ?
The chap in the middle is supposed to be dragging himself forward with just one arm.
Just so's you know....these are made on 'historical' size dollies NOT fantasy size....So they're shorter than fantasy...But around the same size as Sci-Fi.

Cheers - Phil.

Matt J

Ace Phil, really cool, I would buy truck loads of these  :) :) :) :)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Blaker

AWWW Techno, this is going to be an expensive year if these get done in 2012  :D  I see tons of possibilities with those figures. Instead of a prone dragging itself maybe it is raised up from the waist pulling itself forward with one hand and reaching for you with the other  ;)

nikharwood

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 01 May 2012, 04:57:20 PM
Ace Phil, really cool, I would buy truck loads of these  :) :) :) :)

Likewise. In a heartbeat.  :d 8) :d

republic of tolworth

Phil! Stop it !  :'(

Now I have to get more zombies. Give those nice 70s-80s UNIT troops your making something to fight  8)
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Techno

Quote from: Blaker on 01 May 2012, 09:55:59 PM
AWWW Techno, this is going to be an expensive year if these get done in 2012  :D  I see tons of possibilities with those figures. Instead of a prone dragging itself maybe it is raised up from the waist pulling itself forward with one hand and reaching for you with the other  ;)

Might be a bit of a 'bogger' to cast in 10mm..(Maybe side to side rather than as a flat 'top to bottom' :-\)....Might try that with a separate figure though....be a nice pose ! :-bd

Quote from: republic of tolworth on 01 May 2012, 10:45:36 PM
Phil! Stop it !  :'(
Now I have to get more zombies. Give those nice 70s-80s UNIT troops your making something to fight  8)

I did wonder if someone was going to suggest UNIT as an alternative use for the British Falkland's troops. ;)

Cheers - Phil.

Squirrel

Quote from: Techno on 02 May 2012, 06:00:38 AM
I did wonder if someone was going to suggest UNIT as an alternative use for the British Falkland's troops. ;)

Thought had crossed my mind too 8)

Now where did I see that nice 10mm phone box ........

Cheers,

Kev

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Kassad

I need them. I want them. More zombies for all. Techno, your prototypes looks great. Zombies are perfect counterpart for the new SF marines.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Fingers crossed.... I'll pop another pic up tomorrow.
Cheers - Phil.

i_am_win

So, ok, im getting a good vibe from this, i could definately get well into making a little game to fit this idea, when I have something written I post it here, but if your going to expand this into its own range (which as I can see on here you would surely get plenty of it sold!!) I would like to make a few suggestions if thats ok.

Ok, there must be tons of stuff you produce already that would fit perfectly without having to make any new models, but how about some 20th/21st century survivor vehicles such like and RV, van, sports car, car with caravan? 4X4, minibus, ambulance etc as well as some crashed ones, like a bus or cop car?

Plenty of survivor types, biker gangs, crims, hoodies, especially gangs on motor bikes ala original dawn of the dead. A dead reckoning from "land of the dead" would be cool too.

Zombie dogs for sure, maybe some specials kind of like resident evil/left 4 dead, plenty of different civilian zombies in suits, t shirts, radioation/toxic warfare type zombies too....hell yeah, any kind of modern day zombified civvy (ones eating humans would be fantastic!!)

As you can see, I do like zombies! ;D

I would buy them also!
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Luddite

04 May 2012, 04:26:58 PM #41 Last Edit: 04 May 2012, 04:31:57 PM by Luddite
Quote from: Techno on 01 May 2012, 04:14:07 PM

I'm only having a play, at the moment...and these are anything but remotely complete....Note the lack of proper arms for starters ;)
But is this the type of thing you mean ?....Or am I missing the point ?
The chap in the middle is supposed to be dragging himself forward with just one arm.
Just so's you know....these are made on 'historical' size dollies NOT fantasy size....So they're shorter than fantasy...But around the same size as Sci-Fi.

Cheers - Phil.

Um.

Yes.

That's the sort of thing.

Make these and a bunch more.

OH lord...

And Leon, some 10mm modern buildings/urban scenery please.

Everything is better with zombies...

P.S. yes, the dragging chap should be raised up a bit more.

And i'll restate my list of range options:

Various 'survivors' (armed and unarmed)

Civvies
Kids
Kick-ass hero types (Alice, Tallahassee, etc.)
Cops / SWAT
Army
Road warriors / raiders
Dogs
Bill Murray
Vehicles for the above

Zombies (shamblers...none of that 'rage' nonsense)

The above but rotting
Clowns
Nurse
Fat dude
Dismembered crawlers
Dogs

And perhaps a few mutants to go all 'Umberella Corp'?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

republic of tolworth

Pretty much what Luddite said, except... I like 'rage' zombies/28 days later style as well.

And NO SODDING CLOWNS! They make my skin crawl more than the zombies.

Also, Piles of dead. Good for fantasy, sci fi or, more scary real world wars  :(
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Techno

Quote from: Techno on 03 May 2012, 10:02:11 PM
Fingers crossed.... I'll pop another pic up tomorrow.
Cheers - Phil.

I lied.....Well....I tried about a dozen times (honest Guv)....But I just can't get them even half sharp under completely artificial light.....
I'll give it another go tomorrow or Sunday.
Sorry - Phil

Techno

Try again !....Ignore the screwdriver handle in the middle.....I was using that to focus on ;)
The 'crawler'(s) and a couple of others aren't quite finished yet....The 'raised' crawler looks a bit waffy at the moment....Needs a fair amount of tweaking :'(
The 'hooker' far right is holding a 'chewed' arm.

Cheers - Mr Sick B'stard.