Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
17 January 2021, 12:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Libertad!, our Spanish Civil War supplement is now available!
314300 Posts in 18203 Topics by 2277 Members
Latest Member: Chalace
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Fantasy/Sci-Fi Requests
| | | |-+  The Walking Dead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 17388 times)
Techno
« Reply #30 on: 01 May 2012, 04:14:07 PM »

I'm only having a play, at the moment...and these are anything but remotely complete....Note the lack of proper arms for starters Wink
But is this the type of thing you mean ?....Or am I missing the point ?
The chap in the middle is supposed to be dragging himself forward with just one arm.
Just so's you know....these are made on 'historical' size dollies NOT fantasy size....So they're shorter than fantasy...But around the same size as Sci-Fi.

Cheers - Phil.
Matt J
Brigadier

...nana?

« Reply #31 on: 01 May 2012, 04:57:20 PM »

Ace Phil, really cool, I would buy truck loads of these  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!

Beep
Blaker
Major

« Reply #32 on: 01 May 2012, 09:55:59 PM »

AWWW Techno, this is going to be an expensive year if these get done in 2012  Cheesy  I see tons of possibilities with those figures. Instead of a prone dragging itself maybe it is raised up from the waist pulling itself forward with one hand and reaching for you with the other  Wink
nikharwood
General

« Reply #33 on: 01 May 2012, 09:57:15 PM »

Ace Phil, really cool, I would buy truck loads of these  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Likewise. In a heartbeat.  Evil Cool Evil

republic of tolworth
Major

« Reply #34 on: 01 May 2012, 10:45:36 PM »

Phil! Stop it !  Cry

Now I have to get more zombies. Give those nice 70s-80s UNIT troops your making something to fight  Cool

League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.
Techno
« Reply #35 on: 02 May 2012, 06:00:38 AM »

AWWW Techno, this is going to be an expensive year if these get done in 2012  Cheesy  I see tons of possibilities with those figures. Instead of a prone dragging itself maybe it is raised up from the waist pulling itself forward with one hand and reaching for you with the other  Wink

Might be a bit of a 'bogger' to cast in 10mm..(Maybe side to side rather than as a flat 'top to bottom' Undecided)....Might try that with a separate figure though....be a nice pose ! Thumbs up

Phil! Stop it !  Cry
Now I have to get more zombies. Give those nice 70s-80s UNIT troops your making something to fight  Cool

I did wonder if someone was going to suggest UNIT as an alternative use for the British Falkland's troops. Wink

Cheers - Phil.
Squirrel
Major

« Reply #36 on: 02 May 2012, 10:14:53 AM »

I did wonder if someone was going to suggest UNIT as an alternative use for the British Falkland's troops. Wink

Thought had crossed my mind too Cool

Now where did I see that nice 10mm phone box ........

Cheers,

Kev
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #37 on: 02 May 2012, 11:33:24 AM »

Hornby do one, with optional flashing light!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Scenery/model-railway-review-hornby-police-box-r8696.htm

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Kassad
Captain

« Reply #38 on: 03 May 2012, 09:08:55 PM »

I need them. I want them. More zombies for all. Techno, your prototypes looks great. Zombies are perfect counterpart for the new SF marines.

2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Techno
« Reply #39 on: 03 May 2012, 10:02:11 PM »

Fingers crossed.... I'll pop another pic up tomorrow.
Cheers - Phil.
i_am_win
Lieutenant

« Reply #40 on: 04 May 2012, 03:10:35 AM »

So, ok, im getting a good vibe from this, i could definately get well into making a little game to fit this idea, when I have something written I post it here, but if your going to expand this into its own range (which as I can see on here you would surely get plenty of it sold!!) I would like to make a few suggestions if thats ok.

Ok, there must be tons of stuff you produce already that would fit perfectly without having to make any new models, but how about some 20th/21st century survivor vehicles such like and RV, van, sports car, car with caravan? 4X4, minibus, ambulance etc as well as some crashed ones, like a bus or cop car?

Plenty of survivor types, biker gangs, crims, hoodies, especially gangs on motor bikes ala original dawn of the dead. A dead reckoning from "land of the dead" would be cool too.

Zombie dogs for sure, maybe some specials kind of like resident evil/left 4 dead, plenty of different civilian zombies in suits, t shirts, radioation/toxic warfare type zombies too....hell yeah, any kind of modern day zombified civvy (ones eating humans would be fantastic!!)

As you can see, I do like zombies! Grin

I would buy them also!

Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #41 on: 04 May 2012, 04:26:58 PM »

I'm only having a play, at the moment...and these are anything but remotely complete....Note the lack of proper arms for starters Wink
But is this the type of thing you mean ?....Or am I missing the point ?
The chap in the middle is supposed to be dragging himself forward with just one arm.
Just so's you know....these are made on 'historical' size dollies NOT fantasy size....So they're shorter than fantasy...But around the same size as Sci-Fi.

Cheers - Phil.

Um.

Yes.

That's the sort of thing.

Make these and a bunch more.

OH lord...

And Leon, some 10mm modern buildings/urban scenery please.

Everything is better with zombies...

P.S. yes, the dragging chap should be raised up a bit more.

And i'll restate my list of range options:

Various 'survivors' (armed and unarmed)

Civvies
Kids
Kick-ass hero types (Alice, Tallahassee, etc.)
Cops / SWAT
Army
Road warriors / raiders
Dogs
Bill Murray
Vehicles for the above

Zombies (shamblers...none of that 'rage' nonsense)

The above but rotting
Clowns
Nurse
Fat dude
Dismembered crawlers
Dogs

And perhaps a few mutants to go all 'Umberella Corp'?
« Last Edit: 04 May 2012, 04:31:57 PM by Luddite » Logged

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
republic of tolworth
Major

« Reply #42 on: 04 May 2012, 05:46:29 PM »

Pretty much what Luddite said, except... I like 'rage' zombies/28 days later style as well.

And NO SODDING CLOWNS! They make my skin crawl more than the zombies.

Also, Piles of dead. Good for fantasy, sci fi or, more scary real world wars  Sad

League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.
Techno
« Reply #43 on: 04 May 2012, 08:02:43 PM »

Fingers crossed.... I'll pop another pic up tomorrow.
Cheers - Phil.

I lied.....Well....I tried about a dozen times (honest Guv)....But I just can't get them even half sharp under completely artificial light.....
I'll give it another go tomorrow or Sunday.
Sorry - Phil
Techno
« Reply #44 on: 05 May 2012, 07:19:46 AM »

Try again !....Ignore the screwdriver handle in the middle.....I was using that to focus on Wink
The 'crawler'(s) and a couple of others aren't quite finished yet....The 'raised' crawler looks a bit waffy at the moment....Needs a fair amount of tweaking Cry
The 'hooker' far right is holding a 'chewed' arm.

Cheers - Mr Sick B'stard.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: