BIG NEWS! Please read!

Started by Leon, 25 March 2012, 04:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

That's interesting - I came east at seventeen. I didn't want to be an ice-cream seller for six months of the year and unemployed for the rest.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Yorky

i left school in 1986 & no apprentiships for me either, applied for RAF & Navy mechs & no jobs there too. i applied for all police forces in UK too

Ian

Techno

I wish you lot would stop going on about how young you all are !  ;) Swine !!
Cheers - Phil.

chrishanley

I did some contract work in Tees Dockyard in about 1990 on a Caledonian Macbrayne ship called the Isle of Mull.  I just remember working with some really great people, very skilled and dedicated to shipbuilding.
Chris   

SV52

Origin of your address:

'Henry William Ferdinand Bolckow [Bölckow], MP (8 December 1806 â€" 18 June 1878) was a Victorian industrialist, acknowledged as being one of the founders of modern Middlesbrough.'

Born in Pomerania (no jokes please) Apparently there be a statue to him somewhere in Midb.

Not a lot of people know that. :-bd
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Well....I for one was wondering where the 'Bolckow' part of the address came from.
Thanks SV !
Cheers - Phil.

goat major

He's stood in Exchange Place in Middlesbrough. Unfortunately the rather magnificent Royal Exchange was knocked down to make way for a motorway flyover  >:(

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: goat major on 11 September 2012, 01:40:14 PM
Unfortunately the rather magnificent Royal Exchange was knocked down to make way for a motorway flyover  >:(

Yeah, unfortunately there's nothing Middlesbrough Council likes more than knocking down old buildings...  >:(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jim Ando

Hi

I was on the isle of mull (the ship and island) two weeks ago .

It`s still afloat and doing the oban-mull run.

smallworld eh.

Jim

Fenton

Any plans for celebrating the anniversary of the BIG MOVE?..Or did I miss it?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Quote from: Fenton on 06 September 2013, 01:19:14 PM
Any plans for celebrating the anniversary of the BIG MOVE?..Or did I miss it?

Missed it, it was back in April unfortunately!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sixsideddice

Nick the Lemming

Saw there was a new post about a move, and thought "Pendraken are moving AGAIN?" and then realised someone had posted to an old thread.

Then I saw Aart posting and the message in his sig, and felt all sad again. He's still missed. :(

Techno

Hear, hear..... :(
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net