BIG NEWS! Please read!

Started by Leon, 25 March 2012, 04:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose Mendes

Many congratulations Pendraken, by changing facilities.
Looking through the pictures, no doubt you guys will have excellent conditions.

Too bad the price increase, but nothing that was not expected, since it's all on the rise, ... less the wages.

Best regards

daveyboy21

Onwards and Upwards Guys. Dont forget the visitors centre and gaming tables and full range cabinets and............................... LOL
Seriously though great news. More power to your elbow
All Hail the Draken
"When you have nothing to loose...........THEN you have Everything to fight for"

rexhurley

Good to see the growth and re the increases a change to a max limit on postage would be appreciated given our previous discussions of what you charge versus the lesser amount GB Post charges  ;) ;) :-\ :o :o

Le Manchou

A logical growth after years of hard work, congratulations! Of course the price increase is not a good news for us buyers but you have good reasons for that and you are still very competitive!

Le Manchou
Si vis pacem, para bellum

jfariahitech

Good luck for Pendraken.

Thanks for everything!

=D>

Avalon

Hope the move goes smoothly, and that you're back up and running in no time, Look forward to seeing you at Salute 2012.

Prices going up 12-15% isnt a big issue especially with the way other costs are going up.

Leon

26 March 2012, 03:24:35 PM #36 Last Edit: 26 March 2012, 03:29:48 PM by Leon
Thanks for the support and well wishes guys, it's much appreciated!  Only a week to go to the big move, so today I'm organising phone lines and an alarm system.  8)

Quote from: Kiwidave on 25 March 2012, 09:12:03 AM
And you've now got a load more room for a truly epic Coke Wall :D

I'm not sure what Dave would have to say about that...  :D

Quote from: nikharwood on 25 March 2012, 09:47:37 AM
it'll be good to see it full of Pendraken loveliness (that's the machines & stuff, mate - not you  ;) ) ;D :D ;D

:P

Quote from: Nosher on 25 March 2012, 12:40:15 PM
The office will be improved dramatically with a 'Top Totty' wall 8->

I'm not sure what my missus would have to say about that...  ;) :D

Quote from: Luddite on 25 March 2012, 01:28:58 PM
What general area will the new unit be in?  I think i'll need to arrange a visit - maybe a few of us at the club might come down mob-handed.

Not thinking of opening a 'store front' at all?

The unit is down on a small industrial estate near Pendraken HQ, just off the A66.  I've not actually got the postcode for it yet, but should have once we sign the papers next Monday.  If you fancy popping down though, just let me know and I'll give you some directions.

No plans for a store front at this point, it's too expensive to get somewhere with any real footfall, or a better locale.  A small 500 sq/ft shop unit on the edge of Middlesbrough town centre is around £12k rent per annum!   :o  The new unit will be as close to a store front as it can be, with a customer area, some displays, seating and a table.  We can cast orders as people wait as well.

Quote from: Fenton on 25 March 2012, 07:07:12 PM
...Looks like you've got toilets now as well :D

We do indeed, have you been chatting to one of our casters...  :-\ :D

Quote from: peterdong on 25 March 2012, 07:57:37 PM
However, prices are my worst enemy (it often prevents me from ordering things I like).

Don't forget that the VAT will still be taken off for US customers, so the new packs will be £3.33 for you (£1.96 vehicles / £1.13 WWII infantry / £1.50 Fantasy).

Quote from: mart678 on 25 March 2012, 08:54:10 PM
SO WHAT DATE IS THE UNIT WARMING PARTY!!!!

Dave suggested doing something like that, but with Salute coming up, there's not a really ideal time for it.  We do have the Birthday Bash in a couple of months though, so we could do something then while people are in the area?  Maybe open up the unit after the event or the day after, for people to have a look around?

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 25 March 2012, 08:13:31 PM
Just had a comparison of your new pices against Magister Militum, and in most cased they are 25% more expensive, but with cavalry because they only have 12 per pack its a whopping 55%

8)

Quote from: cameronian on 25 March 2012, 09:33:36 PM
Ooooh, that's going to be SO cold in the winter, and those electricity bills, where's the wood burning stove going, and the business rates, overheads, *sucks teeth*

It warms up surprisingly quickly when you've got three burners and a vulcaniser all going!  It might be a bit chilly in the winter, but we'll have a look at that when it comes to it.

Quote from: Jose Mendes on 26 March 2012, 10:03:42 AM
Too bad the price increase, but nothing that was not expected, since it's all on the rise, ... less the wages.

I know, and we wouldn't do it unless we had to.  If it's any consolation, the wages haven't gone up here either...!   :( :D

Quote from: daveyboy21 on 26 March 2012, 10:41:08 AM
Dont forget the visitors centre and gaming tables and full range cabinets and............................... LOL

One step at a time I think!   :D

Quote from: rexhurley on 26 March 2012, 11:13:14 AM
Good to see the growth and re the increases a change to a max limit on postage would be appreciated given our previous discussions of what you charge versus the lesser amount GB Post charges  ;) ;) :-\ :o :o

I'm not sure on the exact differences, but even with the 25% rate we lose out on shipping most non-EU orders.  I think it only switches back in our favour when you get into the really big orders, hence the possibility of putting maximums in place.  As an example, I've got a package here for Russia, about £40 worth, 1.6kg, and it's going to cost nearly £20 to send it!   :o

Quote from: Avalon on 26 March 2012, 01:10:39 PM
Look forward to seeing you at Salute 2012.

Will do!

:-bd :-bd :-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

QuoteThe new unit will be as close to a store front as it can be, with a customer area, some displays, seating and a table.  We can cast orders as people wait as well.

Aye, that's what i was thinking!   :-bd
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

jdeleonardis

Congrats Pendraken!  That is very exciting news for you!

robert

Good news indeed and a BIG step for you I guess!

Congratulations on the move and thanks for all the hard work which has made it happen.
That is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put - Winston Churchill

fred.

Congrats on being able to take such a big step forward. Hopefully more space will allow you to get more things done.

The photos like almost exactly like an industrial unit I used to manage - but was on the other side of the country so it certainly isn't the same one! The temperature inside is probably the only bad thing, as it tends to be on the extreme side of whatever is happening outside.  A random tip (if you have choice of similar units) try to get one where the roller shutter opens away from the prevailing wind direction.

Prices as others have said the increase isn't huge and is still very competitive. For future increases you may want to consider if some of the older figures can justify a higher price point - though sales will probably give you the answer to this.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred  12df on 26 March 2012, 05:58:06 PM
The photos like almost exactly like an industrial unit I used to manage - but was on the other side of the country so it certainly isn't the same one! The temperature inside is probably the only bad thing, as it tends to be on the extreme side of whatever is happening outside.  A random tip (if you have choice of similar units) try to get one where the roller shutter opens away from the prevailing wind direction.

No choice on that front unfortunately, but it's within a cul-de-sac of units, so it's not open to the elements much.  If it's anything like the current workshop, it will indeed be red hot in summer and freezing in winter!  There is a back fire exit which we can open for airflow, but we won't be opening the roller door very often.

Quote from: fred  12df on 26 March 2012, 05:58:06 PM
Prices as others have said the increase isn't huge and is still very competitive. For future increases you may want to consider if some of the older figures can justify a higher price point - though sales will probably give you the answer to this.

Most of the older ranges left in the catalogue should be phased out within a year or two tops.  Off the top of my head, the old LoA is already gone, and the Peninsular Fr/Br will both be pulled when the new Brits are done.  Some of the other 19th C ranges will be revamped, like the Crimeans, as will some more of the 20th C. infantry.  We might also look at remodelling some of the vehicles to bring them up to par with the newer ones.

Other than those, I think we're doing alright on that front.  I might consider pulling some of the older Fantasy ranges, but I'd need to figure out replacements for them.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Kiwidave

Quote from: Leon on 26 March 2012, 03:24:35 PM
Thanks for the support and well wishes guys, it's much appreciated!  Only a week to go to the big move, so today I'm organising phone lines and an alarm system.  8)

So I guess now is a bad time to put an order in....

Leon

Quote from: Kiwidave on 26 March 2012, 06:57:51 PM
So I guess now is a bad time to put an order in....

There's no bother with placing orders, there'll just be a bit of a delay over normal while we get moved and settled in.

wargamesbob

Leon. Don't forget to allow for a dedicated, custom lit shelf in the new unit, so that you to catch up on the photography  ;) 

Bob