How many PMs ?

Started by Techno, 23 March 2012, 05:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Anyone able to tell me how many incoming and outgoing PMs can be kept before the 'boxes' are full ?
Cheers - Phil

Leon

That's a question for Matt I think.  I've had upto 30 in my Inbox, and I've currently got 565 in my Outbox!  So I think you can have a few...  :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Megamatman

It's limited to max 10 recipients per message and a maximum of 20 messages per hour - so no limit on # of PMs per say.

I may have to look at trimming the database down at some point as the forum grows and older PMs will be the first to go but other than that PM away!  Any 'trimming' will be announced in advance.

Matt
Megamatman

Techno

I've started trimming already Matt ! ;D
Not got anywhere near 20 in an hour ;)
But like you say...As the Forum grows....Might become a problem...But i don't think for a while...Fingers crossed !
Anyway....If there's a warning, there's not likely to be a problem.
Cheers - Phil.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Not related to PM's -but seems to be a bug at the moment - it's not registering the fact that I've read a post. Could get mucky.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Megamatman

Quote from: ianrs54 on 16 April 2012, 04:29:24 PM
Not related to PM's -but seems to be a bug at the moment - it's not registering the fact that I've read a post. Could get mucky.

IanS

Yeah.. part of the database died earlier this afternoon. I've just finished restoring and repairing the affected parts so everything *should* be back to normal.

PM me or post here if you're still having trouble and I'll take a look at your account.

Thanks for the heads up  8)

Matt
Megamatman

Megamatman

Quote from: Techno on 16 April 2012, 03:23:42 PM
I've started trimming already Matt ! ;D
Not got anywhere near 20 in an hour ;)
But like you say...As the Forum grows....Might become a problem...But i don't think for a while...Fingers crossed !
Anyway....If there's a warning, there's not likely to be a problem.
Cheers - Phil.

Phil, I wish everyone would do that lol... you're an admins dream user  ;D
Megamatman

Techno

Oh....I feel so smug !
Even though I don't have a blankiing clue as to what's going on.....I mean.... What's a table ?
You might just have well told me the flange sprocket has interacted badly with the mashie niblick.... ;D ;D ;D
At least I DO know what a mashie niblick is. ;)

Testing as per your request to see what happens.
Cheers - Phil

Techno

Seems to have worked !
Cheers - Phil.

Megamatman

Megamatman

Leon

Not sure if it's related to the glitch at all, but the Search seems to be playing up for me?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Seems ok this morning.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Agreed Ian.....Things seem to be behaving normally now !
Cheers - Phil.

Megamatman

Quote from: Leon on 17 April 2012, 12:51:21 AM
Not sure if it's related to the glitch at all, but the Search seems to be playing up for me?

Yeah, I'm seeing no specific errors relating to search so it was probably just the new search index settling down/replicating after the rebuild.

M
Megamatman