Techno

And thanks Ry. :-bd

The link to the support page got me there eventually. ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil.

quasar42

They look great. Many thanks.

Rob

Quote from: Techno on 21 April 2013, 12:26:33 PM

Top row for Quazar42....We have an Elite line infantry figure in greatcoat...and an Elite Hussar

They look great Phil. Am I right in thinking these will be available to everyone eventually? If so a big thankyou to Quazar42 for commisioning them.

The elite company in greatcoat figure can be used for lots of things other than grenadier or voltiguer. If you file the tuft off of his pom-pom he can be a young or middle guard in greatcoat. And importantly for me, he is perfect for an 1813 'marine artillery' infantry figure. (These were the best infantry, besides the guard, available in 1813).

Cheers, Rob  :)

Techno

Hi Rob.

Yep.....
They'll go in to PD's range at some stage in the future.
The basic deal is......

Mr 'X,Y,Z' pays yours truly for making something that might not be really commercially viable for Leon to produce at this particular moment in time.
But then the figures become Pendraken's...SOLELY...Not mine..not the commissioner's ....This is to save any dispute as to who the figures 'belong to'.
Leon casts up a number of 'freebies' for Mr X (That takes Leon and Dave's time and money)....But if 'Mr X' wants lots more, they're there to be produced at the 'going rate' and will become part of PD's catalogue from that point on.

Hope that makes sense ! :)
Cheers - Phil

Rob

Thanks Phil, yes that is clear.

If it is of any influence to Dave and Leon, I would commit to at least 12 of the elite hussars + 12 ordinary hussars.
( I have at present 2 regiments of 24 each, I'd have to have a 3rd to not waste 8 existing figures that would be replaced by 8 elites. So 4 extra elites + 8 replaced and 12 extra to make up the 3rd regiment.)

I would also commit to at least 96 of the greatcoat elites to make up the marine infantry. Additionally as I already mix greatcoat figures into my infantry battalions for that ragged look, I would need elites for these also.

All that needs to be sorted now is some elite chasseurs a cheval.  :)

Would it be rude to ask here how much you charge for these commisions Phil?  :-\

Techno

I'll PM you Rob. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

quasar42

The elite chasseurs a cheval are on a new project that I am discussing with Phil  :D

Chad

Just to confirm Phil's outline of the process. I always keep
Leon/Dave in the picture on what I am asking Phil
to do so that if they have any issues they can let
me know. I also confirm to them that all rights
in the models belong to them.

Chad

Rob

Quote from: quasar42 on 24 April 2013, 03:51:48 PM
The elite chasseurs a cheval are on a new project that I am discussing with Phil  :D
Excelent, I nearly impulse commisioned until you wrote that.  :)

Techno

Rats.....I could have charged both of you for the same figure. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On a serious note, I will have to be a little careful that I don't end up accidentally making almost the same figure for two different people !!....Not happened yet...But it might have got close on one occasion.
With all the different models on the desk, I can lose track of what I've already made for folk, or what I'm about to 'sort out'......So I'm really pleased Quazar popped his note in there. :)...Thanks 'Q'.

Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

Quote from: Techno on 21 April 2013, 12:26:33 PM

We have an Elite line infantry figure in greatcoat...and an Elite Hussar

Phil, Just bumped into this. Looks like you have been following a British hussar reference with the narrower busby design than the French colpack. The French Hussar colpack was generously wide and the plume would have had a pom-pom.

- as I have attempted in my own line chasseurs à cheval conversions:

www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost65.htm

The bell-shape is a characteristic of the French design -- as it is for the shako of the 1809 French line infantryman.

Cheers, Michael
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

25 April 2013, 01:26:39 PM #101 Last Edit: 25 April 2013, 02:01:44 PM by Leon

EDIT: Pic resized.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Thanks Michael.
I worked from a reference piccy that Q gave me a link to. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

quasar42

No British hussars were harmed in this project. As ever there is lots of different reference material. For me it looks good

Rob

Not as fit as they once were, but these photos show the actual items you are modelling.

http://www.retronaut.com/2011/05/photographs-of-napoleons-veterans/

:)