You want what making ?

Started by Techno, 21 March 2012, 06:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Are there any existing figures that would be fairly quick conversions Sean ? :-\
Having said that I've got quite a number of 'personal projects' for forum members going at the moment....
I must get those completely finished before I really start confusing myself
Cheers - Phil

seano1815

Hi Phil thanks for your reply...just looked at the range and some figs I have...there is a humbly with a Lochaber axe at porte arms maybe cut off the axe and might be a quick conversion :) I'm not in any hurry but next week would be ok ;D. I'll just keep working the ton of lead I already have haha.
Thanks again
Sean

TinyTerrain

Hi,

Firstly Leon, please move this if there is a better place for this thread, I wasnt sure where to put it!

A couple of weeks ago I sent a mail to Techno a message asking if he would be interested in doing a couple of 10mm medieval commissions for me. After providing some photos and a bit of back and forth by email, Phil got cracking and this morning he sent me the following....a pic of the first finished green, a Warrior Bishop to inspire my English 100 Years War Army.

To say I am chuffed with what he has achieved is an understatement, as he has captured the look I was after which will allow me to use this sculpt for both 100YW and should I want to the crusades. He even picked up on the fact that in the pic I sent him the helmet was an unusual one with a mitre, which he has replicated beautifully. On his back is a very large shield with a cross sculpted into it, and as you can see he has a cross and a sword in his hands. The red putty is simply a feed to ease moulding.

Next up will be a few more foot soldiers for the Crusades and possibly some other other character figures for the 100YW and the Crusades. The green of the Bishop will be despatched to Leon at Pendraken HQ, for moulding sometime much much later this year I would imagine  ;)

Well done Phil, top job, I am very happy bunny  :D

Cheers,

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Great job! Very impressive!
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: TinyTerrain on 14 June 2013, 12:01:33 AM
Well done Phil, top job, I am very happy bunny  :D
Cheers,
Craig
Tiny Terrain Models

Thanks for that Craig....I'm very pleased you like him. :)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Great job, Phil. My only thought is - clerics were not supposed to spill blood, which is why the fighting ones tended to use the mace. Yeah, I know, pedantic sod....  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

sunjester

Oh thanks a lot, just as I had convinced myself I didn't need another medieval army!!! :o :-\ :-/

Seriously, a lovely figure.

Techno

Quote from: Hertsblue on 14 June 2013, 08:44:49 AM
Great job, Phil. My only thought is - clerics were not supposed to spill blood, which is why the fighting ones tended to use the mace. Yeah, I know, pedantic sod....  ;)
Errrrrrr.....It's a wooden sword....Can't you make out the fine grain Ray ? :P :^o
Cheers - Phil

TinyTerrain

He does use a mace......,

Hes just holding the sword for his friend who has had to pop to the shops.....or summit  ;)
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Maybe he's just blessing the sword of the owner?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Quote from: TinyTerrain on 14 June 2013, 01:07:12 PM
He does use a mace......,

Hes just holding the sword for his friend who has had to pop to the shops.....or summit  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

jchaos79

Hi techno this sculpt is superb!

good

nikharwood

Techno

Thanks again chaps !!
If I can find time sometime tomorrow, I'll pop up some pics of some more bits for other folk.

Think I've got the right descriptions.......
For quazar 42.....An elite Chasseur a cheval.....And 3 line horse artillery figures.
For Kustenjaeger...4 French SYW cavalry.....
For Chad.....2 x Piedmont infantry.

Excuse the spellings if I've got them wrong.....I'm trying to decipher my own handwriting at the moment.....AAARGH !! ;)

Cheers - Phil.