And another Canuck joins the fold.

Started by Legate, 19 March 2012, 07:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legate

I know I am doing this a bit backward, as I have already posted on the forum already, but I figured I should pop on here and say "Hi".  So, "Hi!"  I know a few of you already from the BKC forum (I go under Panzerleader71 there) so, introductions should be fairly quick. ;)  Just got into 10mm with my first purchase of an Imperial Roman and Celtic battle groups.  My other "armies" are in the 6mm scale, and I thought I would the 10s a go to see what they were like.  I like what I have seen so far which is on Roman formation for WMA (ie 3 stands).  I like that you can paint them up fairly quickly and still have a fair amount of detail work done.  Not saying I am full convert, but I think I will stay with the 10s, for my ancients anyway.

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Arsenus

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

Hertsblue

Welcome Legate. You don't have to be mad to post here - but it's a definite advantage. 8-}
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Orcs

Hi Legate,

I have quite a few 6mm armies but find 10mm looks nicer while you still get the mass effect.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ben Waterhouse

Luddite

Welcome Legate!

Quote from: nikharwood on 19 March 2012, 09:24:28 PM
Welcome PanzerLegate  :D

Now there's a 'Wierd World War II' crossover combo...

'1939AD, the Roman Empire's 3rd Reich under the Dictator Adolphus Hitlerius Maximus, invades Gaul.  The feared Panzer-chariots of the Saggittarii Lightning Legions smash through the Vercingetorix line in 3 days, forcing the Gauls and their Britonnic Allies back to the coast...'

;D

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Hertsblue

Quote from: Luddite on 26 March 2012, 04:04:51 PM
Welcome Legate!

Now there's a 'Wierd World War II' crossover combo...

'1939AD, the Roman Empire's 3rd Reich under the Dictator Adolphus Hitlerius Maximus, invades Gaul.  The feared Panzer-chariots of the Saggittarii Lightning Legions smash through the Vercingetorix line in 3 days, forcing the Gauls and their Britonnic Allies back to the coast...'

;D

;D ;D ;D
"Britonnic" - is that taken with gin?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Womble67

Hello there and welcome to the Forum.

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!