GavinP's AWI

Started by GavinP, 12 March 2012, 07:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

One word for those generals -SUPERBISSIMUS!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Looking lovely Gav  8)

goat major

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Hertsblue

Grreat work, Gavin.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

GavinP

Thanks for all the kind words. Saturday GM came over and we had a rehearsal game which involved too many empty bases to show here, but it did serve as a real motivator both in seeing the size of the task ahead and giving a taste of the game we'll be playing too. As a result, yesterday I got this unit of Morgan's Rifles finished and today I managed to get the two bases of artillery done that we were still short.

Only a couple of poor pics I'm afraid as I'm getting ready to base and will take much better pictures then.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hit the nail on the head there, those are lovely!  :D Superb terrain too!  8)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Looking great Gav   8)

TinyTerrain

Nice work Gav, what blue you using on the Fairfax County chaps, looks good.

Cheers

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GavinP

Looking for my tips now are ye?  ;D ;D

They're either GW Regal blue with Vallejo Prussian Blue over the top, or VJ Dark Prussian blue and VJ Prussian Blue. There's a mix, but to be honest you can't tell the difference and I couldn't tell you which is which!

robert

Really nice - I will have to delve into AWI one day - maybe your game at the birthday bash will be the catalyst! - No Pressure :)
That is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put - Winston Churchill

GavinP

Just posted some pictures to my blog but here's a couple here for you guys. The Militia and British Infantry are of course Andy Mac's painting not mine.

Check out the rest of at www.britishforces.org.uk/more-awi

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nice one Andy & Gav!

mollinary

Gav,

I envy you being able to produce such a good match with Andy Mac's work, I would love to be able to do that. Great work!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing these next weekend!  I've actually just finished the floorplan, and I've put your table near to Andy's Painting table.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!