Blast from the past

Started by Fenton, 22 April 2010, 05:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Well I was sitting on he train the other day ( Yarraville station on the Werribee Line going into towards Melbourne if anyone is interested in such things) and was thinking about wargaming in my youth and it suddenly brought up memories of WRG 6th  and how much I had enjoyed it, and was wondering if it was still available ( It is via a yahoo group) and also wondered if it would be possible to do it in 10mm by using multiple figures on a single figure base ..and what it would look like and if I was completely mad...

Anyone any ideas or have you actually done this and just not told anybody about it
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Sandinista

Surprised you like WRG 6th, i never got on with them. I found they were quite vague in some areas and allowed all sort of odd effects to occur. not to mention the rules lawyers/cheats that used to exploit the many loopholes.

5th edition is what i grew up with, found my old set recently at my mothers when I was clearing out a cupboard, never thought of playing them again though.

If you struggle to get a copy of 6th let me know as I was given a copy last year in good nick too.

lentulus

Quote from: Sandinista on 15 May 2010, 12:15:51 AM
Surprised you like WRG 6th, i never got on with them. I found they were quite vague in some areas and allowed all sort of odd effects to occur. not to mention the rules lawyers/cheats that used to exploit the many loopholes.

5th edition is what i grew up with, found my old set recently at my mothers when I was clearing out a cupboard, never thought of playing them again though.

If you struggle to get a copy of 6th let me know as I was given a copy last year in good nick too.

I was more into 3rd edition.  But I have tried that trick with other rules and 6mm - I think it would be great with 10mm and WRG