Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
27 October 2020, 06:24:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We are now stocking the excellent 1:285th Raiden aircraft ranges!
308948 Posts in 17965 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Ray Rivers
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  New Releases
| | |-+  Previous Years' Releases
| | | |-+  Older Releases
| | | | |-+  2012 Releases
| | | | | |-+  March Releases!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March Releases!  (Read 21526 times)
Techno
« Reply #30 on: 07 March 2012, 07:57:21 PM »

Pendraken March releases 2014.

Tarleton Failcast resin General (1) £48.60

Muppet !!....You've got the decimal point in the wrong place Luddite !
£486.00 sounds far more reasonable....Do you still want 10 'Goat'...Even I'll have a go if you're that keen. Wink
I'll have to do something in the 'Intro's' soon...seeing as I've been such a coward....And admit I used to work for the Evil Empire....I wonder how many others there are on the forum ?.....Bet it's not just me  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Cheers - Phil
Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #31 on: 07 March 2012, 08:11:04 PM »

I was a sergeant in a keystore.

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
Techno
« Reply #32 on: 07 March 2012, 09:20:57 PM »

I was their photographer (which is why I get so teed off with my efforts nowadays.....Did have £10K's worth of equipment to play with tho')....Then I was 'in charge' of the figure painters....Then 'in charge' of the figure designers....blah, blah, blah...
Huge fun half the time.....The other half ..... BIG YUK !!
Cheers - Phil.
Matt J
Brigadier

...nana?

« Reply #33 on: 07 March 2012, 10:02:45 PM »

just dug out my battered 3rd edition WHFB, in credits photography Phil L  Undecided

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!

Beep
fred.
Lieutenant General

« Reply #34 on: 07 March 2012, 10:08:15 PM »

Made me look at my 2nd Edition Warhammer - but it doesn't even have any photographs!!!

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!
Techno
« Reply #35 on: 08 March 2012, 08:43:01 AM »

just dug out my battered 3rd edition WHFB, in credits photography Phil L  Undecided
Yep....'Fraid that's me Matt.
All the old rulebooks, some of the board games, and a few dozen very old White Dwarfs are really all I've got left from those days, now. Cry Cry
I'll have to dig them out at some stage and get all nostalgic.  Wink
Cheers - Phil.
OldenBUA
Colonel

« Reply #36 on: 08 March 2012, 07:27:01 PM »

Yep....'Fraid that's me Matt.

Just had a look at an old (1988) 'Fantasy Miniatures' booklet from GW. Not only does it say that most pics were taken by Phil L, but there's also a small mugshot!  Shocked

So, Hi, Phil and keep up the good work!

Alex

Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin k lu.
Techno
« Reply #37 on: 08 March 2012, 08:13:25 PM »

Thanks Alex.
I probably still looked relatively young in those days Sigh.....I'd just love to be able to play with the photographic equipment I had access to then.....Having said that I wouldn't have the room to set it up here  Grin Grin. I'll just have to learn to use the all singing all dancing digital piece of ****, I've got now.....
And learn how to paint figures again.....I'm so far behind everybody nowadays ! Cry
Cheers - Phil
fred.
Lieutenant General

« Reply #38 on: 08 March 2012, 08:29:26 PM »

Phil, if you learnt photography with film SLR cameras, then you need a digital camera that allows you to take back some control from auto everything. While the cheapest digital camera's don't offer much control, there are many mid-range ones that allow the user to control enough factors (though sometimes finding out how to do this can be tricky - but the internet is your friend someone as probably posted a video or photo instructions somewhere on the web for any and all models of camera).

I currently have a fairly low end Canon DSLR and it is great, but prior to that I had a Kodak all in one with 10x optical zoom, that was a really good camera for under £200 that had enough controls to allow decent mini photos, as well as taking good general photos.

Techno
« Reply #39 on: 08 March 2012, 09:10:13 PM »

Thanks for that Fred.
You're right....I learnt using a 35mm SLR.....The monster I used in the studio was a 5"x4" plate camera.
I've got two digital cameras....One's a little 'un....But with a fair old amount of control...with fully manual or the different priorities...
That's the one I use to take shots of Wips of the little chaps.....But being an idle git I almost always use it on programme.
My excuse for that is I lost the instruction book....But I've found it now....So I'll see if I can improve with that.

I've recently got a Canon digital SLR....And have JUST started using it on manual...Sooooo.... hopefully I'll have some luck with that too !
The chap who recommended that particular camera is forever telling me to look at 'Youtube' for helpful advise....Just as you are  Grin Grin

Cheers - Phil.

fred.
Lieutenant General

« Reply #40 on: 08 March 2012, 09:18:27 PM »

Make sure you get a tripod - even if its just a £10-15 one.

I'm guessing your a visual chap so I thought instruction videos would be more your thing than instruction books  Wink

Techno
« Reply #41 on: 08 March 2012, 11:11:01 PM »

Make sure you get a tripod - even if its just a £10-15 one.

I'm guessing your a visual chap so I thought instruction videos would be more your thing than instruction books  Wink

Still got my old tripod Fred.....And now I've found the instruction book for the little Pentax I can use the tripod in conjunction with the self timer .....Huzzah !
You're absolutely right....Watching something is usually far more instructive than plowing through an instruction manual ! (Bl**dy things  Wink)
I'll see if I can made a better job of the photo's with the next batch of the Falkland's figures !
Cheers - Phil.
glenkk
Cadet

« Reply #42 on: 11 March 2012, 07:02:48 AM »

so when do we get to look at the pics of the French 1809 artillary
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #43 on: 11 March 2012, 10:53:11 PM »

so when do we get to look at the pics of the French 1809 artillary

I'm a bit snowed under with orders and the WMMS show today, but I'll get them done asap.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
kerath
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #44 on: 12 March 2012, 06:31:00 PM »

Don't be daft man. Buy it now, it will only be more expensive in the future / not available / made in resin [delete excuse as required]

If that happens, I may be forced to unleash my Angry Birds artillery, pointing to North Yorkshire. You are warned  Evil
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: