colonial infantry etc

Started by wonderer18, 25 February 2012, 10:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderer18

Are there any pictures of WW1 Indian and Imperial figures from the Middle East range ? and are they compatable with the Sudan Colonials ?

Or are there any other suitable figures ?

Stuart

Dickie255

27 February 2012, 07:09:47 AM #1 Last Edit: 27 February 2012, 11:30:05 AM by Leon
Hi

A couple of photos showing the Brit. cavalry and some Indian lancers from the western front range. I would check out the Indian infantry from the same range as as well as they're both very fine set of figures. Hope that helps?

wonderer18

many thanks , the figures look great .

Stuart

Si Tyler

Not wanting to hijack but I have a colonial army in a box unpainted and have the same questions which have been answered.  What rules are the ones in the photo based for ?

Dickie255

Hi Si

No worries about the hijack. I think that's the great thing about the forum is that everyone is happy to help anyone out or answer any questions if they can. I base all my figures singularly! Why? Well, I'm a bit of a closet war gamer and actually don't "war game". All my figures have magnetic tap underneath and the idea is use metal movement trays to move the chaps over the battlefield. I thought being singularly based it maybe easy to do casualties and for me, it doesn't seem 'right' to have a number of figures stuck to one base. 

I have this on-going project which started with just doing a NWF  solo campaign, then I got some Madhist figures and thought combine the two campaigns. Then more recently why not go completely mad and do the whole colonial era with French, Germans, Zulus etc within a world wide campaign. 

wonderer18

Wow cool . I like your thoughts . I first got into the colonial era when we went for a war games holiday and did a mass skermish in 28mm , seeing 800 Mahdi infantry trying to over run you was way cool . I've done the Sudan in 15mm , 6mm , but my prefered scale now is 10mm . I have just found a large amount of 10mm colonial that i aquired some time ago . I now want to expand and add to them, but i'am a little stuck at times due to lack of pictures for some of the codes .

Soo....................................... many thanks for sharing your photo's .

Stuart

Si Tyler

QuoteI have this on-going project which started with just doing a NWF  solo campaign

Pretty similar, I dusted off my old DF Solo book a while ago and it caught me interest (again) after a couple of years off doing other things.  I started off in cough 15mm cough but couldn't find any pathans that I liked to match PP's figures.  So Colours 2011 I bought a Colonial pack for each side.  Prob is that the ideas are there (along with lots of other projects) but the metal is still sat in a storage box waiting for a brush.  I can't find a set of rules that matches either the figure scale or the idea of the game that I would then be happy building the terrain for  ;)

I agree about needing more photos of the Colonial, or possibly the "Indian Units" in other ranges that would be useful, Lancers etc..

wonderer18

yep ,
i agree . I did use Peter guilders rules for the Sudan in other scales . It's whether you use similar system in 10mm . As the rules were designed for solo play as well as with friends . The rules sorted the Mahdi forces which made them very unpredictable , but exciting !.

Stuart