Cossacks

Started by 17-21l, 20 April 2010, 09:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

17-21l

One for Leon - Im building a Pendraken Napoleonic Russian Army at the moment, and am a bit bored painting green, so Ive done a Unit of Don Cossacks from the Crimea range, nice for a change. Ive looked in the books and found that the Reds used a lot of tribal cossacks - lances, bows etc.. have we got anything resembling oriental type cossacks, maybe chinease ancient cav ?? if so any chance of a picky??

Anyone have any ideas to brighten up a drab Russian Army??
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

The Polish could do for this, maybe P12 - Mounted Cossack, or the P3 - Horse archer?  I'll try and get pics, but it might not be til after Salute.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

17-21l

If you could - cheers mate :D
God Save the Queen

jchaos79

17-21, maybe this pics could help. Pendraken pics are better, but if it is a helping hand at the moment...

http://warmaster-acolytes.mforos.com/1854818/9155902-pen-p3-polish-horse-archers-16th-c-polish/

Regards

Leon

P3 - Horse archer:

P12 - Mounted Cossack:
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

17-21l

Cheers mucho!! - yes I guess I could get away with these- cheers for the time and effort Leon - happy days  :D :D
God Save the Queen