Song of gold and darkness gameboard

Started by Annatar, 20 February 2012, 08:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annatar

20 February 2012, 08:34:00 AM Last Edit: 20 February 2012, 08:49:08 AM by Annatar
Here are some pictures of my modular "Song of gold and darkness" gameboard, which i
built over the last weekend.  The board resembles an underground cavern and consists
of six 25x25cm smaller boards. The boards were first painted medium grey. Afterwards they were
drybrushed white, khaki and then white again. The stalagmites are made of plaster (Hirst Arts).

Maybe i will later add some small water pools.
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!

Annatar

Here are some closeups:

Annatar

Annatar

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Arsenus

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

nikharwood

Like it - very nicely done - where's that dragon from?

fred.

Really nice Annatar.

Are the smaller hills built into the boards, and the stalagmites free standing? Might have to have a look at Hirst Arts stuff.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Annatar

21 February 2012, 04:25:15 PM #8 Last Edit: 21 February 2012, 04:29:18 PM by Annatar
Quote from: nikharwood on 20 February 2012, 07:40:36 PM
Like it - very nicely done - where's that dragon from?

The dragon is from the "metal magic" range from "hobby products", a company which is now out of business. They
also produced "Demonworld", a 15mm tabletop game.

Nowadays you can till buy the mini from http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/dragonsgiants.html.

One of the great advantages using 10mm is, you can get real giant creatures by using 28mm ones  :)

Quote from: fred  12df on 20 February 2012, 08:46:41 PM

Are the smaller hills built into the boards, and the stalagmites free standing? Might have to have a look at Hirst Arts stuff.

Yes, the hills are built into the boards. Yes, the stalagmites are free standing. I did this to have more options of using the board.

Thanks for your comments  :)

DancingPotPlant

Wow, those are some impressive looking games.  :-bd

What's that version of Songs like, how does it play? It seems a bit like Blades and Heroes but underground.

GordonY

Thats exactly what it is Potplant, with additional races/creatures stats, I'm concentrating on the above ground stuff with an eye to doing a dungeon delve occasionally. But I'm ashamed to say I'm doing it in 28mm.

DancingPotPlant

Quote from: GordonY on 06 July 2012, 05:19:40 PM
Thats exactly what it is Potplant, with additional races/creatures stats, I'm concentrating on the above ground stuff with an eye to doing a dungeon delve occasionally. But I'm ashamed to say I'm doing it in 28mm.

28mm indeed, what possed you  :o!

Sounds like a very cool plan though, how far through are you?

GordonY

28mm???? well have you not seen some of those scantily clad (well more or less naked) female Reaper minis??

Now who wouldnt wanna paint a warband full of these?

As far as how far have I got, well not too far as my original warband, a bunch of Witch Elves led by a necromancer was cutting through any other warband that I tried like a chainsaw through butter, so I'm opting to start again this time with a couple of crap warbands. One will be skaven and the other goblins (in the main).