WIP Samurai General (Daimyo)

Started by BlackEd, 20 February 2012, 03:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackEd

Helo all!

I'm working on a diorama for my Samurai general.  It isn't done yet, but I am making some good progress.  I thought I'd share some WIP shots.  Please let me know what you think!

General and Bodyguards:

The setting (60mm x60mm)!

Drum closeup:

Painting started on the dias:

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Arsenus

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

mijalo

Maenoferren

ooooh very nice :D
certainly put mine to shame :-[
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Blaker

Shaping up nicely. Looking forward to seeing more progress pictures  :D

irregularwars

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Coming along nicely. Where did you get that drum?  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

BlackEd

Maenoferren:  Yours was the inspiration for this piece.  I liked the idea of the silk hangings behind the general.  I expanded the idea to include a dias.  From there, the idea kept growing.  Honestly, if the competition didn't limit the base size to 60x60, I'd be tempted to go to 80x80.

Thanks, all, for all the kind words!

Hertsblue:  Made it myself.  Greenstuf wrapped around a bardboard cylinder.  A length of wooden dowel would do nicely as well.

I will post more pictures tonight.  I made lots of progress since Saturday.  I am almost done paintig the drums.  I need to finish converting one drummer, and there is another figure to paint.  This other figure hasn't been seen in any photos yet.  No big deal, but it will add some 'life' to the diorama.

BlackEd

Well, I was making such good progress that I just kept painting.  Here's the current WIP shots:

As you can see, I'm making good progress.  I will have this finished this weekend!

Techno

COR !
Froth, froth, dribble =P~
This is looking terrific :-bd =D>
As well as the excellent modelling and painting....I just LOVE the 'vibrant' blue .
Can't wait to see it finished !
Cheers - Phil.

Techno

Hi again Ed.

What is "bardboard"....Sounds like it's something that does exist (though I can't Google it)....Or is it just a tryping  ;) error ? (cardboard ??)
Whatever it is, it works damn well !
Cheers - Phil.

BlackEd

Yep, it's a typo.  It should be Cardboard.  I think I came across them years ago while un-boxing a piece of "put-it-together-yourself" piece of furniture.  I thought, "Hey, those look like they are useful!"  Years land two moves later, they finally were. :-[

Techno

Thanks Ed !
It sounds as tho' "bard board' should exist....Think I might copyright that word.. ;D ;D....Sounds a  really good name  ;)
So easy to have 'finger problems' when typing something out....The fingers can't keep up with what you want to plonk down ! :)
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

Bardboard = stiff material on which is printed the complete works of Shakespeare.  :d
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net