List of vehicles coming in 2012!

Started by Leon, 17 February 2012, 05:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catgunner

Hullo all, this is in reply to IanS, Centurian Mk 3 & 5s.
The Mk 3 up graded to Mk 5 is as you rightly mentioned. plus 2" of armour added to the front glacier plate.

The Mk 5 turret is different casting. There is no escape hatch on the rear of the turret bussel but Mk 2 and some 3 have. Instead there is a small outline frame and strap for a (black) jerry can for water.

As Mk 5 was never designed to have a 2" (smoke bomb) mortar,  they changed the position and shape of the loaders hatches, the loaders periscope moved from the turret glacier to the turret roof just forewad of the hatch.

Also the Mk 5 has an extra return roller, so keep your skirt (ing plates) on and nobody will ever know.

I have worked on Mk3, 5s and 11s, an 11 is a Mk 5 with all the goodies.

I hope this will help somone?

catgunner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Sorry - that is way to simple - 3 to 5 as I outlined - 5/2 adds armour, 5/3 upgunned, both = 6 (think), 7 - more internal fuel, 8 - only 20 or so, rest as 8/2. 11, 12 13 are full hits with IR, Ranging gun (Not RMG !) - difference is based on starting mark. Course for Isralies all Cents were Mk 5 - regardless.

In model terms three turrets and 2 hulls, Turrets with A and B 20pdr barrels, and 105 barrel, Hull with and without bazooka plates.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dazza

Quote from: Leon on 17 February 2012, 05:55:43 PM
and hopefully this means that Ianrs54 can stop going on about his tanks...  :P

like thats gonna happen!!!!!!
Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

Rob

I'll bet Mart678 as had a WTF moment.
;D

Laeast I dont walk up and down a catwalk with a dodgy hat.

IanS

MORE TANKS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

catgunner

Sorry about jumping straight in with out no intro.
I am 65, grey haired, ex squaddie and have a thing about armour, having spent 10 years in them + TA.You could say I have been lucky. Being in one of crews picked to shoot in the 1970 'CAT Shoot' (Canadian Army Trophy), the last time we won, if you go to Canadian Army Trophy, there is a video of the 1987 shoot.  Also a Leopard 1 crewmen.
A publican for 20yrs, a fall down 13 concrete cellar steps ended my working life.

I am not a war gamer as such, 'N' gauge model railways is my weakness, it just happens to be German and the periods covered happends to be the mid 1920s to the late 60s. 
So its mobile flak batteries, armoured trains, troop trains and tank/frieght transport to the front.  With a little bit of civvie trains now and then.

By the way the Mk 7 cent is a totally diffrent hull, the rear has a changed along with vented engine and transmission decks.  Mk 8s is a 7 with a gun mantlet has change + minor changes. which became a Mk 12.

The Isrealies Mk 5s had an engine change to one fitted to M48 also the engine decks look like the M48

Hertsblue

Hi, Catgunner. Nice to hear from you. I was beginning to think I was the only sixty something on the block.  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

Bog off !!
I'll be joining you in a little over a year Ray !
I wish I was still in my 30's...(40's would be fine too !) ;)
Creaking all over (to the tune of 'Shaking all over') - Phil.

toolsey

Hello Leon ,

Good news about new  vehicles.

Re CMP 15cwt

Which CMP cab is it , the early one or later , the later cab is already available from other makers, I would love the early version because of the different conversions possible with that model if it comes open topped.
Very usefull for the Desert

Cheers
Toolsey

Gran76

Any chance of having some scramblers/motorbikes for Falklands range ;)

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Without revisiting the absence of Pz III G/H with 5cm L42 gun for Balkans/Desert/Barbarossa has anyone got a picture of GR127 Pz III J to see if I can easily convert it?

Regards

Edward

catgunner

Hi Hertsblue, Techno and Edward, as for being 60 + years old, it is only figures, it is how young your mind  thinks problems through from experience that matters.  I know this to be true because my mind, writes cheques my body can't cash.

Edward your question about pictures of the Pz 111 late varients, have you thought about Bovington Tank Museum.   I found them very helpful.  I heard about the SPATG from a friend (I know phone a friend),  It was a chieftain varient that was minor joint project with the germans.  A 'Jagd-Chieftain' called 'Chemerier', only 1 prototype built to test the german engine in a chieftain hull. They (bovie) had pictures and drawings, the drawings looked like a 120mm gun in a stug 111 casement, on a chieftain hull.
Try David Fletcher (curater) at Bovington.  I found him very helpful.

Regards to all, (and keep your heads down)

Maurice (Spud) Tait 

catgunner

Hi, I just thought of a 'chuckle' that we did in the late 60s.  One of our troop was getting married in the UK, so we sent him a telegram to be read at the reception. Telegram read:-

Before advance remember to T & A (test & adjust)
Check bore clearance
Advance to contact
On contact, Engage.
Conserve ammo for long engagment
When ammo expended, Withdraw

Hope this made you chuckle

Regards

Spud

nikharwood