Most Complete Range?

Started by Captain Verbeek, 20 April 2010, 01:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Verbeek

Was wondering what people thought was the most "complete" range pendraken has to offer.  I was thinking of starting a new 10mm period and was wondering which range would be most table ready in your opinion.
Non Cadmus

lentulus

The WWII range for sure, at least for the big players - and Romania (except for some really obscure late war Romanian bits).

I am starting into SYW now, and I am not seeing anything much missing.

1870 is very good - although I would like some firing line.

Leon

WWII like Lentulus said, although we still have 3 pages of requests for it!  Also the WWI and Boer ranges are quite extensive.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

If I had to confine my gaming to only two armies, it would be SYW Prussians and Austrians. Though it would break my heart to give up pike and shot.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

17-21l

Completeness? - I dont know but the AWI range is big and lots of options, and you get to kill rebels. A big plus is that the figures are sculptured really well so painting them is a pleasure t'boot. :P
(oh yea and yuo can paint up some 17th Light Dragoons to join Tarletons Legion and roam around the Carolina's to pilage freely-YEEEEEHAAAAR!!!!)
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

dicehead

Surely fantasy? Not only is there an army for every major faction you could want there's a couple of variations for some races which is really nice, tons of monsters and other fun stuff.

Leon

Quote from: dicehead on 27 April 2010, 03:18:11 PM
Surely fantasy? Not only is there an army for every major faction you could want there's a couple of variations for some races which is really nice, tons of monsters and other fun stuff.

Possibly, but can a Fantasy range ever be 'complete'?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

Well speaking personally I always loved Fantasy Warriors by Grendier and would love to see some of thier larger pieces done in 10mm..Undead Rhinos and the like
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Captain Verbeek

I am thinking pike and shot.  How complete would you say the ECW range would be.  I am thinking I would only need shot in various hats, pike in various degrees of armour, dragoons (mounted and dismounted), command figs, lobster pot horse, curiassiers, oh yeah and arillary.  Looking at the list looks pretty complete.
Non Cadmus

Leon

Quote from: Captain Verbeek on 28 April 2010, 12:59:50 PM
I am thinking pike and shot.  How complete would you say the ECW range would be.  I am thinking I would only need shot in various hats, pike in various degrees of armour, dragoons (mounted and dismounted), command figs, lobster pot horse, curiassiers, oh yeah and arillary.  Looking at the list looks pretty complete.

Yep, you've got all of that there.

Jagger

QuoteYep, you've got all of that there.

I would like to see an unarmored pikemen with morion helmet.  A few more poses for all types would be nice as well.  But for the most part, ECW pretty much has everything.

Uesugi Kenshin

"1870 is very good - although I would like some firing line."

Agreed!