Field of Battle; cards for 1866/1870

Started by cameronian, 08 February 2012, 01:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameronian

For anyone interested in playing with Brent Oman's excellent rule set Field of Battle (FOB) or the upgraded version, FOB 2, the links below should take you to the ARTSCOW site and to three packs of cards I've designed for the Austro and Franco Prussian wars. The cards can be used for 'straight' FOB or more specifically for my house rules, a very close variant of FOB. The house rules (revised) will be posted at the weekend on the PIQUET, FOB Yahoo group, membership of which is required (very straightforward). NB you will require a copy of FOB to play, the house rules while comprehensive are not designed to be a stand alone set. The packs including shipping come to around £25 which I think represents excellent value.

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/prussian-1866-1870-fob-w6znj4jr8ceb

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/austrian1866fob-u7as57cqj7e6

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/french-1870-fob-g1fgjpx03444

Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

cameronian

I should clarify that's £25 for all three packs not just one.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

cameronian

Received my cards yesterday; superb quality; ARTSCOW, excellent resource.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cameronian

They are, and the quality of the finished product is actually better than they appear on the web pages.

cameronian

So, at the risk of boring you all, I've decided to go with Kallistra and to modify FOB2 (1866 house variant) to hexes. Should speed things up and provide pleasing terrain on every occasion. I will put the new set up on the YAHOO group before the Autumn. Meantime if anyone uses a hex based system or if anyone would like to point out drawbacks or pitfalls please shout.

Leman

I picked up the cards when they first appeared as I play a lot of FOB2, which is my preferred set for use with my 10mm armies. Wasn't aware of the Yahoo site, but have found that when I visit the groups I belong to, of late, it messes with the smooth running of my computer. May apply to join and see what happens, but nevertheless would like to follow the progress of your hex experience on this forum, as it is something i have hankered after.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

How did your hex experience go, Cameronian?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.