First ACW figures

Started by Gunfreak, 05 February 2012, 12:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Quote from: Gunfreak on 06 February 2012, 01:16:46 PM
Thanks

I did another unit, this time, rebs, they turned out ok, but they aren't as neat and clean as the union.

When have you ever seen a neat and clean reb?  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Womble67

Hi Gunfreak to be honest, I think you have done a really good job painting those Union and Confederate troops.

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

andymac

Some really nice work there, loved the blanket roles on the Rebs.

As for the plastics, I saw the first run of figures on Magister Militums stand at Crusade the other weekend, very baisc painting.  The second issue I have been informed will be better.

Going on your painting I should stick with Pendraken and carry on painting them yourself :D

Andy
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Gunfreak

Thanks for the kind comments, I did finish another unit yesterday, but now it's seems like I'm about to get the flu, so I doubt I'll be well enough to paint anymore for a few days or even weeks.

Again, same basic paint job, only trousers and jackets get highlights, the black leather is painted dark gray.

lekw

Those are very nice. I usually like the rebs better but for some reason really like the way your Union guys came out. Great job.

Gunfreak

Thanks, I continue to paint.

I got enough figures for 6 union and 4 confederate regiments, I also got a few cannon, and generals.

Gunfreak

So I'm back to painting my 10mm ACW, I did a detour to 40mm ACW and then some 28mm AWI. but now I'm back.

I finnaly finished my 3rd reb regiment, it had been on my desk almost finished for 3 weeks.

I also did a reb battery, but I suck at painting guns, so I hid the battery behind some cotton.

ghalgor

These look fantastic   8).  Your photos have shown me that not only how to paint up ACW armies but I really like the look of the figures and as a result I will be buying some when the new sculpts come in. :D

Nav

Exelent minis Gunfreak keep up the good work   ;)

Dave Fielder

Very good stuff. I spotted an empty wine glass in the background of these photos ... is that what has induced the "flu"? I've often woken up with the "Flu" on many occasions ... we'll that's what I tell the kids.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis