WiP Dark Elves

Started by sebigboss79, 03 February 2012, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebigboss79

With top calibers like Nik being Judges I have developed an Olyimpic spirit towards this competition and would like to share my Army with you ;)

Command:

Dark Elf High Lord 'Terixore' on Black Dragon
Dark Elf Sorceress
Dark Elf General and Standard Bearer

3 Bases

Troops:

Dark Elf Crossbowmen (12 + 3 Standardbearers)
3 Bases

Dark Elf Spearmen (28 + 2 Command)
6 Bases

Cavalary:

Dark Elf Lizard Riders (10)
10 Bases

Elite Units:

Dark Elf Armored Swordsmen (5)
1 Base

The Dark Elf on Dragon is a conversion (my first!) from a Dragon Lancer and the Head of the Dark Elf Hero. I ahve cut off the Lance and intend to replace it with something that looks like a book (of Dark Magic - my first sculpting project).

Minis are based, conversion is done, sculpted book is drying and will start final assembly tomorrow. Priming and painting later/ tomorrow.

Leon

Quote from: sebigboss79 on 03 February 2012, 03:38:13 PM
Minis are based, conversion is done, sculpted book is drying and will start final assembly tomorrow. Priming and painting later/ tomorrow.

And pics!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sebigboss79

Promised  :D WiP pics linked when ready. Final pics will go to "Anything goes" I take it? :-\

Leon

Quote from: sebigboss79 on 03 February 2012, 11:05:14 PM
Promised  :D WiP pics linked when ready. Final pics will go to "Anything goes" I take it? :-\

Depends on the base size, anything on a 60x60mm or smaller can go in the 'Fantasy and Sci-Fi' category.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Sounds great - really looking forward to seeing these - I have fond [?!] memories of my WHFB Dark Elves...lovely little vicious pointy-eared psychopaths  :d

sebigboss79

I think it will be tough to fit all of them on a 60x60  :D
The Sorceress is actually topless to score full Totty-points from you nik :D

nikharwood

Quote from: sebigboss79 on 05 February 2012, 01:56:14 PM
The Sorceress is actually topless to score full Totty-points from you nik :D

Nice... :d :-* :x

sebigboss79

Since nik can't wait for totty here is the first set of pics:

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc519/sebigboss79/Pendraken%20Painting%20Competition%202012/

All figs are primed and based except the Dragon Rider (total conversion). Another round of priming is needed in some places but painting etc starts weekend at the latest.

sebigboss79

Sad news from my side.

Besides efforts up till now I have not been able to finish off the army. Due to unexpected life issues only one base is fully finished , based and varnished. :(

Sadly I have to pull out right before the goal but will finish those Dark Elves once my life is back to normal.

NTM

Can you not enter the single finished base?
Sure that is permitted within the rules of the competition.