Competition Entry discussion!

Started by Leon, 01 February 2012, 05:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I have to agree, all looking superb!
Three different bats entered in fantasy so far - who'd have thought it!   :D Best bat goes to...
Looks like 'fred 12df' and I are on the same base sizes for Later Roman Legionarii - wonder what rules he is using and if he fancies a game some time?  ;) 
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 February 2012, 09:28:05 PM
I have to agree, all looking superb!
Three different bats entered in fantasy so far - who'd have thought it!   :D Best bat goes to...
Looks like 'fred 12df' and I are on the same base sizes for Later Roman Legionarii - wonder what rules he is using and if he fancies a game some time?  ;) 

3 Bats! I'd only spotted one entry before, hadn't realised I was such a follower...

My Romans are based for WM, but I'm playing far more Hail Caesar (with 10mm) these days. My painted Romans aren't really an army yet

There are an extra couple of units since that photo, but not many.

If you are up for a game I'm in the NW (between Liverpool and Preston)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

The quality and quantity of the entries is really high - and there are more and more by the hour.

I think we need to have product codes with entries, as there are loads I am looking at going I didn't know Pendraken did that!

What are the huts and the baskets on the 30YW camps?

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

SchuleinP

28 February 2012, 09:56:50 PM #78 Last Edit: 28 February 2012, 10:01:25 PM by SchuleinP
Probably my mistake, I realize that they are not pendraken. Sorry. :-[
I was posting away with my figures, and I did not realize in time the camps were from a different manufacturer.
I shall take them down, (if I can). Yep just replaced them by my wifes artillery.

fred.

Quote from: SchuleinP on 28 February 2012, 09:56:50 PM
Probably my mistake, I realize that they are not pendraken. Sorry. :-[
I was posting away with my figures, and I did not realize in time the camps were from a different manufacturer.

Sorry - I've nearly done the same thing when looking for figures for the comp, its easy to forget where they came from.

Can you drop me a PM with were the huts are from they look good for Dark Ages.

Arsenus

Congratulations everyone! 2012 is a very good year!

I wouldn't to be a judge, it is may be so difficult to choose...
The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

J.S.

Quote from: Techno on 28 February 2012, 06:03:51 PM
I know there's still just over a day to go...But can I say many congratulations to all.
I really can't believe how good the standard of painting is (You're all show offs !)...and the quality of a huge number of the photo's is simply astounding.
I'm just going to have to go back to the drawing board.
I might have just ONE more go at photoing Kiera (if that's allowed).
Good luck to the judges !!
Cheers - Phil.

Well, thanks for your kind words  :)  But it's ok as it is..the Jägers got finished just in time, so I have an entry for the pre 20th cenutry foot category.

And I totally agree that this year's painting comp is just awesome, stunning amount of great pieces of work to be seen here  :-bd
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

The_Shootist

Still struggling to submit my entry as too big to post (>128Mb), anyone have any ideas?

J.S.

If the pictures is too large and you have no idea how to scale it down (like me) try the following:

open your picture
make screenshot (print button, upper right corner)
open paint
press strg + v
select the funny tool with whom you can cut out parts of a picture (first row in paint next to the "lasso")
cut out your picture
open new paint window
press strg +  v
safe it
done
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: The_Shootist on 29 February 2012, 12:36:24 PM
Still struggling to submit my entry as too big to post (>128Mb), anyone have any ideas?

Are they the ones you popped through to me on email?  Let me know and I'll upload them for you.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Maenoferren

on the way to re-photograph my one and only dwarf I managed to paint, I lost him  :o luckily with about 40 minutes of backtracking and thought I realised I had probably put him on the book case, the one I had just set all the lights and card etc on... yup in my haste to do the job I knocked him off the back...luckily he didnt go down the gap between the wall nad the skirting board, but with a bit of poking he fell right down the back and onto the floor it was then only the matter of swearing loudly as I managed to squeeze my size 10 hand into a size 8 gap under the furniture.... at least I found him :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

but apart from my woes... an excellent competition with some fabbo entries well done to everyone who entered  =D> =D> =D>
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Womble67

Hi all
      I would just like to wish everybody who entered the painting competition good luck

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

goat major

the quality of entries has been fantastic again this year - every one of them was a gem - well done to everyone who entered  :-bd
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Luddite

I genuinely wouldn't like to be a judge on this one. 

Definately some close calls to be made!

Will the judges be commenting on their decisions this year?  Why they chose the winners etc.?

I think that would be quite interesting to read.

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Quote from: Luddite on 01 March 2012, 10:48:24 AM
Will the judges be commenting on their decisions this year?  Why they chose the winners etc.?

I think that would be quite interesting to read.

I've left it up to the Judges whether they would like to add comments when they allocate their points, but hopefully there'll be some feedback.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!