Runic Wars

Started by dicehead, 19 April 2010, 08:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dicehead

Hi I just wanted to ask did Pendraken at one time produce a range called Runic Wars? I have quite a few figures from that range and there's some really nice stuff there, I've got a feeling I got them from Pendraken but I can't remember for sure.

Leon

19 April 2010, 08:48:52 PM #1 Last Edit: 19 April 2010, 09:10:59 PM by Leon
Not that I know of?  You don't mean the Punic Wars do you?!  Have you got some pics of them and we can have a go at identifying them?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

dicehead

I just had a dig through the bits box and found the packaging from one, it's by pop enterprises of Nottingham but has "Pendraken figures" on it. It says "Runic wars is the new 10mm scale wargame from pop enterprises, specifically written for use with Pendraken miniatures." The packet is 20 high elves.

I was just curious as to the history of them, I can't find any info on the net.

Leon

I've had to pick Dave's brain on this one.  POP Enterprises were a model shop we used to sell figures to many years ago.  I'm guessing that they bought our figures and packaged them up to work with these 'Runic Wars', which sounds like a set of rules.  Now depending on how long ago you bought them, these might be the older style High Elves, before we replaced them with the newer sculpts.  I'd need to see some pics to be able to tell.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

dicehead

I was just having a look at photos and I found the high elves I have in Ziparoos post, hope he doesn't mind me copying the pic here.

Could you tell me if that is FHE4 or FHE5 in the middle please?

Leon

The guy in the middle is FHE5 - Armoured with sword.
The one on the right is FDE9 - With sword pose 2.
The one on the left I'm not sure on, it's the same pose as the Barbarian chieftain, but doesn't quite look right.