MADFest 2012

Started by nikharwood, 22 January 2012, 10:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaxkleric

Hoped to take you up on your generosity for organising this and attend the event but just can't find the free time.  :'(

Wish you all the best though and hope all goes very well for you and everyone who attends. Have a top time.  m/

Birthday wishes in advance as well. Happy 20th  ;D

nikharwood

:D Thanks Blaxkleric  8)

Cometh the hour, cometh the men...

Not long now  :D

Hertsblue

Good luck for tomorrow, Nik, and many happy returns too. Wish I were going, but sadly not possible.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Steve J

Hopefully we'll be able to take plenty of pics to give a flavour of the day.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

:D Good luck and have fun guys!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Same from me Guys !
And Happy Birthday Nik !!
I was hoping to get a chance to come down....But the best laid plans etc....(Sigh !)
Cheers - Phil.

nikharwood

Thanks all - the fun starts around midday tomorrow with set-up (I've now got to dive into work in the AM...grr...) - with folks landing through the afternoon...some nice relaxed gaming & beers into the evening, then full-steam-ahead for Saturday & Sunday...

Going to be a good one  8)

OldenBUA

All together now:

Happy MADfest dear Nik,
Happy MADfest dear Nik,
Happy MADfest dear Ni hik,
Happy MADfest to you!

And a happy birthday, too!  <:-P
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

FierceKitty

They? Who are these people?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

nikharwood

Well, a cracking weekend has resulted in some happy-but-knackered wargamers  :)

I'm in the process of editing pics etc and will do a 'proper' account in due course (hopefully this week) but suffice to say immediately that a good time was had by all, some great games played (with some epic moments) - including a Friday-night "Escape from Colditz" - and that the prize fund was superbly supported by Pendraken and Minibits: so huge thanks to Dave & Leon for their continued support of this one: from entry fees, painting competition fees and the raffle it looks like we've got a donation of £173 which will go directly into the Welfare Fund of 40 Commando, Royal Marines: our local boys, who are currently on deployment in Afghan.

Superb - specific highlights for me include SteveJ's AVBCW game (using BKC II) which featured my road & the ground on which my house stands, and a great FPW game using my Pendraken armies...lovely!

Pics and more details to come...

Steve J

Plenty of pics and a brief write up of the day which will hopefully give you all a feel of the day.

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Techno

Smashing report and pics Steve.
Make me jealous that I couldn't get there....Why don't you ?
So pleased for all, that it went well.
Maybe next year........
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Kiwidave

Quote from: nikharwood on 12 November 2012, 11:21:19 PM
... and a great FPW game using my Pendraken armies...lovely!

So when do we get to see pics of your Prussians getting mullered by my cheese-eating surrender monkeys?  :-w ;D ;D ;D

nikharwood

Quote from: Kiwidave on 17 November 2012, 07:53:25 PM
So when do we get to see pics of your Prussians getting mullered by my cheese-eating surrender monkeys?  :-w ;D ;D ;D

Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Boasting shamelessly about beating me with historically inferior forces in open battle is not.

;) :D