Pendraken's 20th Birthday Bash!

Started by Leon, 20 January 2012, 04:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Just started watching the feed . and thought WOW thats great terrain then realised it was an advert
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Fenton

Any chance of a different view?...Something high up so we can get a panorama view?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Aart Brouwer

They're off the air, right? Or is it just me?

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Fenton

yeah I'm not getting anything either...maybe there showing off future releases so there not allowed to broadcast ans everyone present is signinh the official secrets act

Aart Brouwer

Or maybe lightning has struck the building  :d

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Theo

Happy Birthday Pendraken!!!! No mean feat being around for so many years! Well done to everyone involved.

Just placed an order as my way of saying Happy Birthday!  ;)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

chubooga

popped in the brithday bash today...

picked up far more packs than I intended too, also picked up inspiration for at least another two periods in 10mm from the excellent display games..... and even picked up a goody bag and huge slice of birthday cake!

wish I could have stayed for the day, but had to take daughter horseriding!

good stuff!

Rubicon

Quote from: nikharwood on 14 July 2012, 12:12:22 PM
I'm waiting for pics of the debris in the bar at 3am  :d

I was the "debris in the bar at 3am"

Steve J

In a sense I'm glad I couldn't make it as there would have been far too much temptation for a weak willed chap such as I.

scrutonsmog

Great event Leon and Dave. Missed the cake unfortunately but it's not as if I need the calories.

Got home and cleaned/undercoated the ACW figures I bought...very nice, I expect I'll be back for a lot more.

chubooga

just been sorting through the excellent WW2 toys I bought.,...

and really like the birthday figure, ...

but it feels wrong to keep it sitting in a box here

so, Ive two options.

1. Free to a good home , afraid its not my period, 18th century generaly type on a plinth as if a statue....

OR

2. I paint it up and maybe raffle or bid or something on here and moneys raised can go to charity of forums choosing?

any thoughts?

Leon

First off, thanks to everyone who came along to the Birthday Bash, especially the guys who came and put on the games, they all looked fantastic!  I'll be getting all my pics uploaded this afternoon, so keep an eye out for that thread.

Apologies for the trouble with the live feed though, we couldn't get it working on the tablet, so we had to make an emergency run to Maplins for a wireless webcam.  That one worked, but it was a nightmare to get positioned properly, and then we had trouble with the lighting as well.  I think if we were to try this again, we'd look at getting a few more camera's and doing some kind of multi-feed streaming so that there's more going on.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 14 July 2012, 11:14:59 AM
I'd fear a full moon more, they'll get taken off air for it!

There almost was, but we talked them out of it...!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

It was a great night out, really enjoyed it!  I heard the bar was indeed kept open until the early hours, I should have called back in on my way home from packing goodie bags!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

goat major

Had a great day yesterday - thanks to Leon and the team for organising something special, thanks to all the really great people who put on so many excellent games. And big thanks to Gavin for being such a splendid opponent and only cheating when it was important  :)

So the main question is.... when do we do it again ? :)
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: chubooga on 15 July 2012, 01:00:19 PM
just been sorting through the excellent WW2 toys I bought.,...

and really like the birthday figure, ...

but it feels wrong to keep it sitting in a box here

so, Ive two options.

1. Free to a good home , afraid its not my period, 18th century generaly type on a plinth as if a statue....

OR

2. I paint it up and maybe raffle or bid or something on here and moneys raised can go to charity of forums choosing?

any thoughts?

As much as I' want to say option 1, let's do option 2!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner