Pendraken's 20th Birthday Bash!

Started by Leon, 20 January 2012, 04:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

20 January 2012, 04:54:46 AM Last Edit: 07 July 2012, 04:35:19 AM by Leon
2012 is our 20th birthday, and we're having a party!

20 years is quite a milestone, so we want to thank all of you guys for supporting us all these years!

When? - Saturday 14th July!

The event will start at 10am, running through until 4pm-ish.

Where? - Marton Hotel and Country Club, Middlesbrough

The Marton Hotel is situated on the outskirts of Middlesbrough, with a major dual carriageway right next to it, so is easily accessible from any direction.  Accommodation/food/alcohol is available, see further down for more details.  

For more info on the hotel, check their website here: http://www.martonhotel.co.uk/

The postcode for SatNav / Google Maps is: TS7 8DS

We'll provide full directions closer to the event.

What's Happening? - All sorts!

- There will be 10 Display/Participation games, showing a variety of 10mm goodness!  We've already had several offers for games, but if you'd be interested in putting something on, just let us know!

- The Pendraken trade stand will be there, with several one-off special deals, and hopefully some brand new never-seen-before releases!

- We're hoping to have both Painting and Sculpting Demo's, with some very well known names!

- Loads more to be announced closer to the date!

Cost? - Only £1!

Tickets can be purchased in advance, simply by dropping us an email to let us know you want to come!  We'll pop you a PayPal invoice through, and that's it!  You can also pay on the door if you like, but the advance option allows us to monitor how many are coming so that we can notify the venue.  We'll be looking at putting something on the website for people to buy tickets through there as well.

Everyone who comes will receive a little goodie bag, including a special one-off figure, purely designed for this occasion.  We'll reveal more details on this over the coming months!

Facilities - Food/Alcohol!

The venue has a full bar inside, so there'll be no problem getting a drink throughout the day.  Tea/Coffee will be provided for the first couple of hours until the bar opens at midday.  There will also be a full bar menu available, with prices roughly around £5 a meal.  As we get closer to the date, we'll finalise the menu and pricing with the venue, dependant on the numbers attending.  Unfortunately, you cannot bring your own refreshments into the venue though.

There is also a second pub right over the road for anyone staying over, and a parade of shops around 200 yards up the road, with everything you might need.

Accommodation - Yes!

The hotel has a good number of rooms available, in Single/Double/Twin options.  Prices are:

Single - £50
Double/Twin - £60

These prices include VAT and a full English breakfast.  To book a room, simply call the hotel on 01642 317141, and tell them you're with the Pendraken party on Sat July 14th!

There are also other accommodation options in the nearby area, including a Premier Inn about a mile and a half down the road.  If you've got any problems finding somewhere, let us know and we'll get you sorted out.

Anything for the missus? - Loads!

There are loads of options if you need to keep the rest of the family busy.  A couple of miles down the road will take them straight into Middlesbrough town centre, where there are some great shopping facilities.  For something a bit quieter, a couple of miles in the opposite direction takes you straight into the North York Moors, with some lovely little villages dotted about.  With the event being in July, hopefully we'll have some great weather on the day!

Phew, that's loads of stuff, is there anything else? - Yes!

As well as the event on the day, we're hoping to have a little get-together for anyone staying over.  There's an Indian right up the road from the venue, so once we've got a better idea on numbers, we'll get something booked.  This will be on the Friday night before the event.

Right then, I'm in, what do I need to do now?

1.  Drop us an email, and let us know you want to come!
2.  If you're going to stay over, get in touch with the hotel and book your room!
3.  If you'd like to put a game on, pop us an email!
4.  Turn up on the day and have an awesome time!

If there's anyone's got any questions at all, just let us know!

:-bd <:-P :O) :-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Blaker

Sounds AWESOME Leon!!!

My problems is this fairly deep pond I would have to cross and I dont think my jeep can travel it   ;D

Shecky

Blake,
We should have our own in Texas!

Tom

FierceKitty

Sorry, it's Chinese New Year over here, so I have to go and honour my wife's ancestors. But many happy returns, with Aztecs too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Arsenus

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

DanJ

Sounds excellent, we generally go on holiday for two weeks betweeen mid June and mid July (missing the school holidays), I'll try and steer wifey towards the slightly earlier end of the window to keep that weekend free :D

goat major

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Nosher

Bugger and damnation >:(

Another wargames event a week before payday! Am I the only person in the country that has nae money by that point in the month :'(
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Arsenus

If I can come...

How do I go from London?
The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

Luddite

Arsenus...head north up the M1.   :D

I'll be there.

Leon i'll contact you if we get soemthing together to put on a display...
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

The_Shootist

Im up for it especially the curry house, wont stay over as just 40mins down road..oh hang on when is Bovvy?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I won't be able to make it  :( No.2 Offspring due mid June  :D I won't be allowed out til Xmas!  :P
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

20 January 2012, 05:18:41 PM #12 Last Edit: 20 January 2012, 05:21:02 PM by Leon
Quote from: Arsenus on 20 January 2012, 11:30:06 AM
How do I go from London?

Would you be driving?  It's quite a trek from London, you'd be better off flying Paris to Newcastle, and then we'd organise someone to pick you up.

Quote from: Luddite on 20 January 2012, 11:33:47 AM
Leon i'll contact you if we get soemthing together to put on a display...

Excellent, let me know on that.  Participation would be great if possible...  :D

Quote from: The_Shootist on 20 January 2012, 12:25:16 PM
Im up for it especially the curry house, wont stay over as just 40mins down road..oh hang on when is Bovvy?

Bovvy's the weekend before (7th & 8th), we made sure to work around the other shows so there wouldn't be a clash.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 20 January 2012, 01:15:13 PM
I won't be able to make it  :( No.2 Offspring due mid June  :D I won't be allowed out til Xmas!  :P

:(

Bring the family along...   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

I'll be making an effort to organise myself to get there. Sounds as though it will be great fun.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hoagie

The 14th of July is my Birthday too, sadly I cant say it's my 20th more like 45th,  LoL  ;D

Hoagie